Unsubscribe

Yea i dont think Pulsewave would've worked in nyc if people hadnt been playing various chip shows for 3+ years beforehand, And they didn't really take off until after the first blip fest.

lolusa
herr_prof wrote:

The best way to get people to your shows is to play a shit ton of other shows.

My only method

Middlesbrough, UK

i generally spam to the point people un add me... haha

Huddersfield, UK

Yup!

I've played a wide variety of shows with loads of different sorts of musicians (well as much as variety will go in the local area). I managed to string up around 4 gigs in 4 months and got quite a devoted following of around 10 people in the end that I didn't even know!

Next gig is with Superpowerless though, which I'm not looking forward to... how the fuck am I meant to promote that? In two minds whether to just play a load of Atari headfuck shit and NL 2.3 FM jams or just make a load of unce tracks in a month, ha.

London, UK
J&HT wrote:

Next gig is with Superpowerless though, which I'm not looking forward to... how the fuck am I meant to promote that? In two minds whether to just play a load of Atari headfuck shit and NL 2.3 FM jams or just make a load of unce tracks in a month, ha.

Kill it with gabba

New York City
J&HT wrote:

Next gig is with Superpowerless though, which I'm not looking forward to... how the fuck am I meant to promote that?

I have a very good idea.
You say that you are gonna kill those stupid fucks, organize a public lynching.
That surely will attract attention xD

Huddersfield, UK
akira^8GB wrote:
J&HT wrote:

Next gig is with Superpowerless though, which I'm not looking forward to... how the fuck am I meant to promote that?

I have a very good idea.
You say that you are gonna kill those stupid fucks, organize a public lynching.
That surely will attract attention xD

Aha.
Kill the headliners as an opening act, thanks for the advice. Could probably make a better video out of it too wink

Sabrepulse wrote:
J&HT wrote:

Kill it with gabba

180bpm gabba it is, w/ or w/out BRK?

Good-looking girls are an age-old marketing tool. Letting ladies in free/at a discount really helps, having girls market your gig helps, anything without a Y chromosome helps.

Melbourne, Australia

Personally (maybe bc I don't have that Y chromosome) don't agree on the hot chicks as a marketing tool thing, at least not in this circumstance. It takes a long time to build up the reputation that "oh yeah man, that party always has hot chicks there" and you can't exactly advertise your show as where the beautiful people hang out. If you were doing a weekly show, then maybe it would work as you could build up that kind of rep in a shorter time, you need consistency for that rep tho.

I guess I'm (we're) not putting on parties for people to pick up, or drool over the opposite sex, I just want people to come and enjoy the music.... otherwise we'd put on R&B nights tongue

Cambridge UK
PlainFlavored wrote:

Good-looking girls are an age-old marketing tool. Letting ladies in free/at a discount really helps, having girls market your gig helps, anything without a Y chromosome helps.

I'm feeling slightly insulted here : as a woman who has been working or has been involved in fields where women are outnumbered 10:1 by men ( literature, computers, and now putting up chip music shows it seems...) I know that being a "good-looking girl" has helped. It helps standing out, getting noticed. But then, you have to work your ass off, be more intelligent and efficient than anybody else to not be just that : a good-looking girl.

OK, I'll stfu and gb2 being an age-old marketing tool.

Melbourne, Australia
George wrote:

OK, I'll stfu and gb2 being an age-old marketing tool.

Touche. smile

Didn't mean to send the wrong message or offend anyone. Of course this is not the sort of event you were trying to promote, and of course I am not trying to objectify women here.

DUDE'S NIGHT @ SOUNDBYTES WOO

Cambridge UK

I hoped you didn't mean it in that way, but still, it sends a weird message.

ad-hell-aide

I think the obvious answer is: hold all chip shows in strip clubs from now on.

TBH I don't think I have ever been swayed by that sort of age-old marketing tool to purchase a product or go to an event - it's always been the quality of the product / event, and what other people have said about it.

Melbourne, Australia

Actually... One of the venues we want to use, and have always wanted to use has a *ahem* "Male review show" one night a week.

That will get us the chicks and then the chicks will get us the guys! Everyone wins!

Cambridge UK

/me buys a plane tkt to Rawstralia