Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
wedanced wrote:

Also. just curious as to whats all there. it sounds sweet. I am hearing noise + filters + sequencing of some kind + echo, whats all going on with that? sync-able i would assume. What kinda noise generator did you make for this beast?  you know. general stuff like that.

The noise source is a Harvestman Zorlon Cannon. it has 8 different digital noise sources switchable between 4 toggles.
The Filter is a TipTopAudio Z2040 filter. It's based around the prophet filters. I was using an Intellijel uStep (2 channel 8 step sequencer) to sequence the noise track and the "bass/kick" track.

The A-147 cvLFO was simply providing a clock source for the sequencer.

I then used the TipTopAudio Z8000 4x4 matrix sequencer to sequence cv sources for my dual VCA's. there r 2 CV inputs on the VCA's which were being controlled via my ADSR's which were receiving the gate signals from the uStep 2 channel Sequencer.
The z8000 allows me to have quite a few different 4 step sequences for CV and so it was controlling the Frequence input on the filter, the Frequency on the Noise source, and also on the 2nd CV inputs on the VCA's which is where you were hearing the "echo" effect. those were programmed echo's and not actually a delay/echo unit. Kinda fun wink

I think thats about it.. Let me be clear. i didn't "build" the modules. i simply built the Case/Rack that they're mounted in. I designed the Distribution boards and the power supply boards as well. So i needed to test out the new designs.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
animalstyle wrote:

that's cool but, your prints are too dark.

why build a modular synth?  why not just make music.

k - had to say it.  seriously though - very nice.

Prints? I am confused

Why NOT build a modular synth? It allows me to be as musically creative as i want. No limitations!
it allows me to use my nerd powers for a greater good... Making music! That's what it's all about.

killadelphia

just trollin' homey.  ; ]

philly

this is cool! I dig the vertical step sequencer on the left! I've only poked around on a couple modular synths and I haven't seen that before.

Love it. I wish I was more educated on electronics to one day be able to build something like this. Or at least gather up the cash to nab up something like a Moog Modular 55.

Last edited by an0va (Dec 14, 2010 4:33 pm)

nz

Looks like a fun setup. smile