STARDRAIN, CA
ant1 wrote:

yes i will help with the audio parts because  i made some audio bleeper bloppers before
but i never made an visual interface  before so i will probably get stuck here

thankfully, i think that's the part i can probably help out with.

Slovakia / European Union

Good idea ! Something like Beepola will be cool.

Geneva, NY
Kool Skull wrote:

The reason this could be great is because you would be able to make very complex instruments that utilize all four channels of sound capability that the gameboy has.

I was indifferent to this idea, then went back and re-read this post and saw this part.  This is where the bread and butter of this idea really is.

I, too, love me some one channel action.

New York City
bleo wrote:
Kool Skull wrote:

The reason this could be great is because you would be able to make very complex instruments that utilize all four channels of sound capability that the gameboy has.

I was indifferent to this idea, then went back and re-read this post and saw this part.  This is where the bread and butter of this idea really is.

And that is exactly what I said is possible with mGB. Using it as a MONOPHONIC (1 SEQ CHANNEL), 4OSC instrument out of the GameBoy. But OP insists it's not what he said. Weird huh.

Geneva, NY
akira^8GB wrote:
bleo wrote:

And that is exactly what I said is possible with mGB. Using it as a MONOPHONIC (1 SEQ CHANNEL), 4OSC instrument out of the GameBoy. But OP insists it's not what he said. Weird huh.

Part of the allure of making music using the Game Boy is portability.  Your solution would not fit in my pocket.

New York City
bleo wrote:

Part of the allure of making music using the Game Boy is portability.  Your solution would not fit in my pocket.

You can still use LSDJ for such task, albeit inconveniently tongue
Or get a C64 emu on a PSP running Prophet64

WOO options! big_smile

Unsubscribe

piggy midi + mgb would fit in two pockets big_smile

STARDRAIN, CA
akira^8GB wrote:
bleo wrote:

You can still use LSDJ for such task, albeit inconveniently tongue
Or get a C64 emu on a PSP running Prophet64

WOO options! big_smile

I dont mean to sound like a dick by seemingly dismissing you comment or anything, but its really not the same without an actual gameboy. and I dont like the piggy on a gp2X. it takes forever to start up.. piggy on PSP doesn't do midi..

hardcore, Australia

I would use this tracker exclusively.

Los Angeles, CA

I'm not sure what about KoolSkull's original post is hard to grasp, he's said he's willing to learn and put in the work, I've known him awhile and he's a very talented dude, dedicated hard worker and a fast learner. From what I can tell he's just looking to see if someone that actually has experience coding for the Game Boy can help out with this idea or even point him in the right direction. Recommending other software is kind of redundant and off topic when the person is basically saying that they want to create a new tracker.

It's responses like the ones in this thread that stifle new ideas and creativity within the scene. "Why work on something new when you can just do this because it's easier".

STARDRAIN, CA
Wizwars wrote:

I'm not sure what about KoolSkull's original post is hard to grasp, he's said he's willing to learn and put in the work, I've known him awhile and he's a very talented dude, dedicated hard worker and a fast learner. From what I can tell he's just looking to see if someone that actually has experience coding for the Game Boy can help out with this idea or even point him in the right direction. Recommending other software is kind of redundant and off topic when the person is basically saying that they want to create a new tracker.

It's responses like the ones in this thread that stifle new ideas and creativity within the scene. "Why work on something new when you can just do this because it's easier".

This is why I love you.
WIzwars, I am so sad i cannot offer you a ride to the show on friday, that would have been great.
but yeah, Ant1 has already made someheadway apparently, And I found a great deal of Gameboy Development things thatnks to ANt1. its not as hard as it seems!
more updates to be posted.

Milwaukee, WI

I support this.  If you need testing, give me a shout out.

STARDRAIN, CA
Theta_Frost wrote:

I support this.  If you need testing, give me a shout out.

hell yeah son.

hardcore, Australia

If this eventuates and is usable. I will internet order a pizza* for both kool skull and Ant1.

Your choice of toppings and extras.

*Obviously two seperate pizzas.

Last edited by godinpants (Jan 13, 2011 3:34 am)

STARDRAIN, CA
godinpants wrote:

I would use this tracker exclusively.

YOUBETTER!

STARDRAIN, CA
godinpants wrote:

If this eventuates and is usable. I will internet order a pizza* for both kool skull and Ant1.

Your choice of toppings and extras.

*Obviously two seperate pizzas.

Holy crap, that'd be great!

Here are links to the things I have found so far that may help.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gbdk/files/ - GAME BOY DEVELOPMENT KIT
I'd Imagine that mst hardcore choooners already know about that. I did not, Ant1 Showed it to m, but if your'e not as hardcore as Ant1, then there you go!
http://www.devrs.com/gb/-GAMEBOY DEVELOPERS TUTORIALS AND SHIZZ!!!

http://imrannazar.com/GameBoy-Emulation-in-JavaScript - GAMEBOY EMULATION IN JAVASCRIPT!!! ( i actually never knew they had it)

@godinpants, my toppings are pepperoni and Sausage.