Boulder, CO

Famicomi: AGA im already getting money to go to australia
AGA: so why do you need money for toys?
Famicomi: because the money for australia is seperate

Wow. I need this kind of financial backing. You got some balls having someone back your trip to Australia AND still ask for more money for other things from "peers." Good work dudemanbro.

Get a fucking job.

New York City
celsius wrote:

"1st World Problems" represent.

))<>((

lol @ thread

Tacoma WA

he definitely should have started a kickstarter for this

New York City
infradead wrote:

he definitely should have started a kick-ball-er for this

fix'd

Unsubscribe

But jokes aside, the way donations work is that you first build up good will, either from being repeatedly and demonstrably awesome, or sacrifice something that would be of service to a community. Begging is tres gauche.

Westfield, NJ

This post is the equivalent of walking into a homeless shelter and asking for money.

All seriousness aside, though, when Smiletron did a Kickstarter asking for donations because he was down on his luck and needed money to replace his equipment, he had 2 things going for him:

- A reputation for making great music and releasing it for free, even when he could have sold it (we all had his music in our iTunes by that time, and loved it)
- An offer to everyone that donated money, that each person would receive a download containing all of Smiletron's completed works so far, which was arguably worth paying for in itself

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Fuck no

BK

Basically it  boils down to this:
If you want donations, you have to show people why you deserve them. whether it be dire need or pure talent, people need to see a reason that their money should move from their pocket to yours.

So... what are your selling points?

Tacoma WA

I believe Reteris stated it most eloquently

Chicago IL

why isnt this closed?

Liverpool, UK

I'll pay you $1500 to come to my house and jam

Melbtown, Lolstralia

This thread is now about actual donations

Donate to QLD Flood Appeal this is my state and very close to my home.. many of my friends are currently being evacuated
Donate Now

this is a video of toowoomba (city up river from the city of Brisbane where I live) yesterday

Unsubscribe

Dot.ay wins.

http://www.thawfund.org/

Cents for Energy is an energy assistance program created by THAW and DTE Energy. It provides energy assistance to individuals and families having severe difficulty paying their energy bills.

When you participate in this donation program, you can round up your energy bill payment to the nearest dollar or add up to an additional $10 donation.

All funds collected will be used to assist customers whose income is above federal poverty guidelines, but who still struggle to meet financial obligations. One hundred percent of the funds will be used to help qualified individuals and families retain utility services.

Donations are tax deductible.

BOSTON
Dot.AY wrote:

This thread is now about actual donations

Donate to QLD Flood Appeal this is my state and very close to my home.. many of my friends are currently being evacuated
Donate Now

this is a video of toowoomba (city up river from the city of Brisbane where I live) yesterday

I can't believe this hasnt been getting more media attention in the states. Supposedly the flooded region is THE SIZE OF EGYPT and is swamping a city equivalent in size to chicago. That is some crazy waterworld global warming apocalypse bullshit. Good luck to you AUS friends, Ill donate as soon as I can ;(

TSSBAY01

i will donate $25 if he never makes music again. hes also bad at mario kart ds