Offline

Feel free to borrow suitable bits from http://misc.m0d.info/rules/lobby.html

Offline
Tacoma WA
m0d wrote:

Feel free to borrow suitable bits from http://misc.m0d.info/rules/lobby.html


oh thanks!

mod huddle time!

Offline
Tokyo, Japan

One thing I would like if possible for you to add to your huddle, there was a bit of a situation about ten minutes before this post. One user was being border line rude and flooding and could have done with a bit of operator/moderator intervention but I wasnt able to get in touch with anyone. Would it be possible for us to PM fat controller and request op action then FC could PM the active ops or something?

Offline

o snap.

Offline
Lazerbeat wrote:

One thing I would like if possible for you to add to your huddle, there was a bit of a situation about ten minutes before this post. One user was being border line rude and flooding and could have done with a bit of operator/moderator intervention but I wasnt able to get in touch with anyone. Would it be possible for us to PM fat controller and request op action then FC could PM the active ops or something?

It would be excellent if we could all have a vote to kick somebody, maybe if three or five people typed in !kickvote [name of jerk] it would kick them, or even do a knockout (ten minute ban).

Offline
New York City
PlainFlavored wrote:

It would be excellent if we could all have a vote to kick somebody, maybe if three or five people typed in !kickvote [name of jerk] it would kick them, or even do a knockout (ten minute ban).

This could lead to a load of trouble, so I don't condone it.
What is the trouble that happened, Lazerbeat? Give names while I lit up the bonfire.

Offline

Yo everybody !

How does it work ?

Offline
uhajdafdfdfa

The easiest way is probably to go to Mibbit, choose 'esper' from the drop-down list, type whatever nickname you want in the 'nick' box, and '#chipmusic' in the 'channel' box. Then click 'go', and you should be in the channel. smile

Offline
̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩
Je deviens dj en 3 jours wrote:

Yo everybody !

How does it work ?

A lot of different ways to get connected are described here
Of course you will be connecting to #chipmusic though wink

Offline
Tacoma WA

irc rules

Offline
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
infradead wrote:

irc rules

I read this as, IRC RULES!!!

Offline
Marseille

What about abandoning sandbox irc and emigrate to EFnet? o/ heart<3

Offline

I haven't been able to get into Espernet for the last two days or so, on multiple computers on multiple IPs.

Can anyone else confirm that it's down?

Offline
Tacoma WA

if you're using chatzilla you need to change where its trying to log in

old one was irc://esper.net/

new one is irc://optical.esper.net/

no idea why.  mibbit does it automatically but i had to change it in chatzilla

i was pretty confused for a few days.  some server migration i suppose?

this may apply to other IRC clients as well

i was able to use a web based client like mibbit with no issues

Offline
AANABAY01

heart sandbox irc

Offline
Miami
PlainFlavored wrote:

I haven't been able to get into Espernet for the last two days or so, on multiple computers on multiple IPs.

Can anyone else confirm that it's down?

infradead wrote:

if you're using chatzilla you need to change where its trying to log in

old one was irc://esper.net/

new one is irc://optical.esper.net/

no idea why.  mibbit does it automatically but i had to change it in chatzilla

i was pretty confused for a few days.  some server migration i suppose?

this may apply to other IRC clients as well

i was able to use a web based client like mibbit with no issues

I have always used dream.esper.net in Chatzilla and am not having any problems.