Brooklyn NY US

Can't believe this thing is barely 2 weeks away.

1st post (and http://www.blipfestival.org/ ) updated with new announcements & developments.

LINEUP UPDATE: unfortunately A.M.U will not be performing this year. Trust me when I say that I am among the most heartbroken over this. HOWEVER an equally heavy hitter, knife city joins the lineup and, put simply, will slay.

Two weeks from thursday. What the fuck.

FlashHeart

Christ, Those new York lsdj wunderkind sure are piling up! I'm concerned people will be too worn out to dance at hexfest.

BK

EDIT: dammit, triple post.

Last edited by Kris k (May 3, 2011 7:35 pm)

BK

EDIT: dammit, triple post.

Last edited by Kris k (May 3, 2011 7:34 pm)

Bronx, NY
Bit Shifter wrote:

Can't believe this thing is barely 2 weeks away.

1st post (and http://www.blipfestival.org/ ) updated with new announcements & developments.

LINEUP UPDATE: unfortunately A.M.U will not be performing this year. Trust me when I say that I am among the most heartbroken over this. HOWEVER an equally heavy hitter, knife city joins the lineup and, put simply, will slay.

Two weeks from thursday. What the fuck.

Holy fuck. Terrible news followed by phenomenal news. Sweet deal.

BK

KNIFE CITYYYYYYY! yeah, anyone who hasn't seen him play live yet (and, honestly, those who have as well) will have their asses kicked thoroughly. Sad to have lost AMU from the lineup but Knife City will be a blast.

GNV / FL / USA

DAYTIEM EVENT:

Saturday May 21: Blip 2011 NESDEV Workshop

To be held in the Eyebeam R&D lab from 1:00PM – 5:00PM (with a 15-30 minute break).

presented by:

Don Miller (a.k.a. NO CARRIER)
Andrew Reitano (a.k.a. Batsly Adams)
Rachel Wooley (a.k.a. Party Time! Hexcellent!)
Patrick Todd (a.k.a. Bucky)

In this workshop you’ll learn the basics of NES programming. First, a detailed overview of the NES: the CPU and instruction set, graphics, and sound. After that you’ll have the chance to make your own graphics and music. Finally, you’ll insert these elements into a provided game framework. Source code and software will be provided. Attendees are encouraged to bring a laptop with Windows XP or higher.

Prior knowledge of the NES isn’t required, but a basic understanding of programming techniques and the use of a tracker for music creation wouldn’t hurt.

Admission: cost TBD, payable at the door (no advance tickets).

Brooklon

holy shit knife city! dude's jams is solid. and hellyes to the nesdev workshop!

New York, New York

Sad to hear A.M.U is dropped from Blip. Having Knife City added to Blip made me happy, not enough people have had the chance to hear him play in NY.

vancouver, canada
NO CARRIER wrote:

In this workshop you’ll learn the basics of NES programming. First, a detailed overview of the NES: the CPU and instruction set, graphics, and sound. After that you’ll have the chance to make your own graphics and music. Finally, you’ll insert these elements into a provided game framework. Source code and software will be provided. Attendees are encouraged to bring a laptop with Windows XP or higher.

Prior knowledge of the NES isn’t required, but a basic understanding of programming techniques and the use of a tracker for music creation wouldn’t hurt.

this is freaking awesome news!!  i was perfectly happy with just enjoying the tuneskis, but now i get to get my code on too!

getting into the NES internals has been on my to-do list for a while.

GNV / FL / USA
bryface wrote:

this is freaking awesome news!!  i was perfectly happy with just enjoying the tuneskis, but now i get to get my code on too!

getting into the NES internals has been on my to-do list for a while.

Wordddddddddd!

Philly, PA, USA

If there's anyone to replace AMU i'd say Knife City's the dude. I really wanted to see AMU, but Knife City will be thoroughly awesome.

Westfield, NJ
pixls wrote:

If there's anyone to replace AMU i'd say Knife City's the dude. I really wanted to see AMU, but Knife City will be thoroughly awesome.

Wait, so AMU won't be there?

Bronx, NY

AMU will not be able to make it, but knife city shall replace him. And it'll be great.

Philly, PA, USA
Bit Shifter wrote:

Westfield, NJ

Oh OK. Please excuse my illiteracy.

Also it looks like "See A.M.U. live" is still on my bucket list.