Chepachet, Rhode Island

EVERYONE

Listen to this:

https://8bc.org/music/Doomsberry/Space+Ninja-Assault/

Then:

Convince him to join these competitions.

......If you don't

› :-)

Dude! That guy is talented ha ha! I'm in for urging him to join us! He'd be a rad competitor to have big_smile.

Rhode Island

Yes he is goood. I'll pester him as well. Haven't had any time for this weeks comp though I have listened to some of my favorite jazz all week if that counts lol. Hopefully I can get something going after work but I may not have time. Just moved the GF in with me and there is crap everywhere.

Neo Jersey

annnd done. with 25 min to spare, lol. duno how "jazzy" my song turned out, but i like it.

I wrote 3 jazz songs today...but they're not gameboy jazz haha sad

Rhode Island

Finished with 8 minutes to spare wink

Nice work everybody! Looks like we got 6 songs in. I love hearing all the different interpretations of a setting. It's rad smile.

Moncton, Canada

Guess I missed the train on the strict jazz theme and went a little off-course sad my bad

I think yours is more disco/house with a bit of jazz mixed in. But it does get a sort of club atmosphere going so I'd say it's a cool way to interpret the theme even if it is a bit different wink.

Guys, I think after this competition I'm gonna call it quits. Any of you are allowed to keep things running if you want. I wish you all the best of luck if you do decide to continue the BWC! I'm just getting kind of busy and need to focus on other things first.

It's not you, it's me.

Also, personally I think Jredd would be the best for keeping the BWC rolling. That dude's full of great ideas and definitely has a fine vision for this thing. I'd be happy to see it in your hands, man!

Chepachet, Rhode Island
arlen wrote:

It's not you, it's me.
!

I lold

But dear god keep this going! Jredd, if you can't I will. And thanks Arlen for the comps so far. It was a such great idea and hopefully you can participate in future comps (it must continue at any cost)

Ps: If anyone is familiar with tumblr HTML theme coding PM the shit out of me!

I can keep it going too if you want big_smile

Moncton, Canada

If anything I'd definitely like to help keep running this.

Rhode Island

Sounds like it's a community effort now, I'll help in any way I can.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Looks like we'll see what Jredd thinks of taking over since Arlen specifically asked for him...and if not...then someone who has the most free time (not really too much of a factor other than remember to make a comp every 2 weeks) and ideas should be next in line.  It's summer for me and I am loaded with ideas so I definitely have the time to do it. It would probably work well considering I run the Weekly Challenges and would be able to sync the dates up for both in a way that promotes hearing both listening parties one right after the other or something. 

I'm really not hellbent on running it.  I would have a blast, but honestly if someone else is super pumped about running it...I don't have any problems lol.

I'm also creating a Tumblr (If I can ever figure out the fucking HTML coding for the theme...) which will showcase:

- These two competitions
- Reviews and Insights of chips I think other artists could learn a lot from or just generally interesting and well written ones.
- A Spotlight on (lesser known / just starting) chip artists who've written a song I find particularly bangin' and that I feel deserves more attention and have a promising future of composing ahead of them. (run-on sentence...deal with it)
- My Music

I have a pretty large history writing music reviews (back in: late high school / early college) for local magazines and newspapers in one of my bordering states.  It was mostly on rock and metal and some of the underground scene. I know many enjoyed reading them.  I figured this would be a great way to get back to my roots whilst putting a little spin on it.

Since I've come to sincerely appreciate this group's opinions and advice...

....THOUGHTS?

Rhode Island

If you end up running both shows keep the submittal dates the way they are: bi-weekly on fri weekly on Sunday. I like the extra time when they overlap smile

I like the idea of the blog as well. Let me know when you hav it up so I can follow with mine