Brazil

Dog related= SCOOBYCORE

Rhode Island

Almost as helpful as expertvillage YouTube vids

Chepachet, Rhode Island
exilefaker wrote:

LOL at the instructions for drawing a lemon. "If you want to turn it into a chibi fruit, then just add some chibi eyes."
Instructions clearly rule.

I followed the instructions as closely as I could...

Brooklyn, NY
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

Thank you for that.

A gray world of dread

Establish a source sound. Open the step sequencer on your music production software. The method for doing this varies from program to program, but the step sequencer is a common feature on most commercially available sequencing software, including Reason, Cubase, Logic and Pro Tools. Assign a wave-form to the step sequencer. This becomes the carrier wave. Typically the easiest way of assigning a wave-form to the step sequencer is to click "filter" in the step sequencer options. This opens up a range of editing options for customizing the wave-form

OK!

Customize the wave-form to approximate the typical eight-bit tone. Adjust the filter parameters, oscillator and wave-form shape until you establish a tone that you like.The sound of an eight-bit synth is typically monophonic, meaning that you can only play one note at a time.

OK!

Add rapid arpeggios. Chip music is characterized by fast, sweeping arpeggios. The method of adding arpeggios depends on the program, but the typical method is to select "arpeggio" on the step sequencer interface. Open the "run" mode option and select "repeat." This means the wave-form repeats the arpeggio indefinitely until you hit another note. Select the fastest arpeggio as a starting point and adjust the speed downward to suit your taste.

OK!

Select a tempo by adjusting the beats per minute value in the audio sequencer. One hundred and twenty beats per minute is typically the default tempo; increase this to approximately 200 beats per minute as a starting point.

OK!

Select record and play in a basic melody. Add "delay" to the wave-form. Open up the plug-in menu and select "delay." Typical delay settings for chip music have low feedback and moderately high delay speeds.

OK!

Add percussion. Assign a basic electronic drum sound to channel two. Use only basic percussion patterns.

OK!

IT'S A BEAUTY!!

Chepachet, Rhode Island

^^^
You seriously just made my day.  Elohfuckingel.

Westfield, NJ

Upload this to 8bc. Let's see how it does.

Decktonic wrote:

Upload this to 8bc. Let's see how it does.

har! do it!!

Godzilladelph
PULSELOOPER wrote:

Just installed Pro Tools on my mac. Now I can dubstep my chiptunes Pro Tools-style.

psssssh whatever dawg u be trippin
garage band's where da parties at ya herd

Hoxton, London UK
Zen Albatross wrote:
exilefaker wrote:

He must have simply mistaken chip music for something he knows anything about, i.e. something having to do with dogs.

Wait, can there be a new chip music sub-genre relating only to dogs? Please?

SCOOBYCORE

Brazil

SCOOBYCORE AGAIN!

Also, I loled so much with Tristendo's response there:

This article has many Interpretive elements that lead the reader away from the intended result. Please seek your local 8-bit musician for further assistance in chiptunes.

California
µB wrote:

IT'S A BEAUTY!!

Is this what is sounds like when Mario is at a rave?

Rei Yano wrote:
µB wrote:

IT'S A BEAUTY!!

tbh people have posted their live shows here that pretty much sound like that.

Godzilladelph
Rei Yano wrote:
µB wrote:

IT'S A BEAUTY!!

aside from that high pitched clipping... is it sad if i actally like the sound of that?

also.... FUCK YEAH SCOOBYCORE

California
4mat wrote:
Rei Yano wrote:

tbh people have posted their live shows here that pretty much sound like that.

Thank god. btw you dont make chip tune. Not enough Mario at a rave.

The Bronx
SKGB wrote:
Rei Yano wrote:

aside from that high pitched clipping... is it sad if i actally like the sound of that?

Are you sad?