House_music_all_night_long.xm

vancouver, canada
Lazerbeat wrote:
bryface wrote:

foreveralone.mp3

Where are you staying?

actually i'm staying in Chiba with one of my friends in the local japanese DS-10 community.  i'll be meeting some of them over the next couple of days.

but from the 20th-26th, i'll be staying at another friend's in Koenji (apparently it's just a 5-minute walk from koenji high).

Isra-Hell
bryface wrote:

ok mofos i am now in motherfrucking tokyo

How's the weather out there? can you feel the Blip coming? tongue
And I will love to meetup and get to know you peoples, I will be there in 21-30.10
Coming for pre+blip+after+1h1d
(I will probably stay in Kaosan Ninja hostel cool has suggested here)

melbourne, australia

go see guitar wolf tonight.

Tokyo, Japan

Fenners are you in town?

melbourne, australia

not til next week. thursday.

Tokyo, Japan

Anyone going to Akihabara this afternoon?

Australia
ninjaspew wrote:

not til next week. thursday.

Me and Fenner's are on the same flight on Wednesday.  We arrive at 6:30-am-ish on Thursday, then I grab a phone at the AP (mental note to remember!)  and head out to Shinjuku.  I think the plan was to do some kind of Diseny experience thing that day (still the plan Dosprompt?) - so if anyone wants to come along give us a hoy! (with phones, we should be able to orchestrate meeting you there)  Then it's probably a matter of getting prepared for 4 days of party party.  :-]   Will let you know my number when I get it!

I'm heaps excited - just put aside all my clothes to take (wooo!) -  but also working hard on a new track.  Just spent 20 hours with 3 text editor windows open hacking together a new track for the 2600.  I'm 1.2kb over my 4kb limit (inc. playcode) at the moment so drastically out of memory... but that's because I'm at 468 bpm (or 468 calls to the sound registers anyway) to get the tempo / kick sound I want. :-]  It's why we all use this hardware after all isn't it?!

ps. I'm in Japan until Nov 1st if anyone wants to hang out and do things around town.

Last edited by cTrix (Oct 16, 2011 7:34 am)

Welcome to Tokyo all. I work weekdays but if anyone wants to hang out after 7 or 8 send me a msg on twitter or minikomi at gmail 。 com

ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

Melbourne, Australia

We're in Kyoto now, heading back to Tokyo tomorrow.

cTrix -we're actually trying to work out our disney plan now as we're keen to go as early as possible and by the time you guys get out to the hotel it'll be probably 9 at the absolute earliest (which means not getting to disney til 10 at the absolute earliest). We'll shoot you and Fen an email later today once we work out what we're doing

vancouver, canada
Gil Goldshlager wrote:
bryface wrote:

ok mofos i am now in motherfrucking tokyo

How's the weather out there? can you feel the Blip coming? tongue
And I will love to meetup and get to know you peoples, I will be there in 21-30.10
Coming for pre+blip+after+1h1d
(I will probably stay in Kaosan Ninja hostel cool has suggested here)

i'm leaving for hong kong today for a few days, but i should be free in the mornings/afternoons of oct. 21-24 if anyone is up to do anything.

some useful information for you all: I rented a mobile wifi router from the airport last few days, which has been tremendously useful in its own right (i can tweet/message/email from my laptop and phone anywhere at will), but i think i will need to get an actual tokyo number when i come back on thursday.  unless everyone you know is super on top of their twitter DM's, it's hard to coordinate anything on the spot unless you can reach other by phone right away.

Tokyo, Japan

Bryface, that is an awesome idea, do you. Have a link to the place you got if from?

vancouver, canada

the airplane terminals have various locations you can walk up to in order to obtain a rental router.

I was surprised to be able to rent one right at the terminal - everything i read said you need to place an order three days in advance.

one caveat to the mobile wifi router - it only has about 4 hours' worth of power, so you need to budget the time that you need to have it on.  (this pretty much nullifies your ability to be reached via internet 24/7).

Tokyo, Japan

Cool, it is handy to know though! How are you enjoying Tokyo so far?

vancouver, canada

haven't had much time to prowl around Tokyo so far, but it's been an absolute blast just meeting a ton of like-minded people.

i spent saturday in odaiba with a bunch of the japanese DS-10 crew.  periodically they have an event where they spend the day at a park, plug their DS'es and other sound-making gadgets/apps into a giant mixer + amp, and basically jam together.  there were at least 20 of us hopping in and out of the mix over the course of a few hours.  what a freaking awesome idea.

on Sunday i played a short 10-minute set at a party in roppongi featuring a bunch of DJ's spinning lots of jpop + chiptune + remixes.  everyone there ended up being really surprised at the capabilities of the DS-10!  i'm taking it to be a good sign and i'm looking forward to the crowd i'll be playing for at the blip afterparty.

i've been to tokyo before so i've already done a bit of the exploring stuff, but i'll have much more time for that in the coming days.  any must-sees i should keep in mind?

Don't know the full story yet but Hally's brother has posted from his twitter saying Hally has been taken to hospital for exhaustion to get rest & a checkup. Hope he's ok!