San Francisco

ooooo man that bd decay makes it sound so goddamn good. it is actually a pretty fat sounding kick. i neeeeed it now. this shit is going to be like one of those old cute drumachine boxes except you can beast em. I love that old analog drum machine sound. epic.

Whitley Bay, England

So, I got mine yesterday!

And it's absolutely fantastic. Admittedly, I've spent most of my time making dubstep with it because dat triangle LFO and dat filter. unnnfffff. Sounds so good!
But I don't even like dubstep so y'know. hahaha

It's really nice, and sounds lovely. You can effectively get 16 steps for the drums out of it, and then either loop the synth or have 8 steps - use the LFO on the slow setting and you have a nice repeating bass sound!

However, my Monotribe is defective :'c The sync feature doesn't work, when you give it an input, it skips every other step. Really gutted about it because I really want it so I can use it alongside my DMG and other stuff, but no matter what I do it refuses to play ball. Gonna take it back to the shop tomorrow, but it was their last unit so I'm not sure what will happen...

Once I have a fully working one though... big_smile

Madison, Alabama

I've always wanted something like this.  Analog, simple, nice sounds.  I may end up picking one up.  TraceKaiser, keep us updated on the sync thing.  I'd really like to sync it to some other gear.  Wondering if I can sync it with my Juno 60 arpeggiator or something.

San Francisco
TraceKaiser wrote:

So, I got mine yesterday!

And it's absolutely fantastic. Admittedly, I've spent most of my time making dubstep with it because dat triangle LFO and dat filter. unnnfffff. Sounds so good!
But I don't even like dubstep so y'know. hahaha

It's really nice, and sounds lovely. You can effectively get 16 steps for the drums out of it, and then either loop the synth or have 8 steps - use the LFO on the slow setting and you have a nice repeating bass sound!

However, my Monotribe is defective :'c The sync feature doesn't work, when you give it an input, it skips every other step. Really gutted about it because I really want it so I can use it alongside my DMG and other stuff, but no matter what I do it refuses to play ball. Gonna take it back to the shop tomorrow, but it was their last unit so I'm not sure what will happen...

Once I have a fully working one though... big_smile

before you do record a sample pack of the drums!!!!!!!!!

Whitley Bay, England

Ah hah! They don't tell you, but the pulse has to be a certain volume - too low and you get nothing, too much and you get the problem I had! Nothing about this is mentioned hahaha, oh well tongue

Haven't got it synced with my DMG yet, but I've seen it done on YouTube so I know it can be done!

And yeah, if you like I could try recording a sample pack? Don't really know how I'd go about it hahah. They're pretty simple sounds tho, it makes me think of really nice Casios. Which is a mega plus!

Also it's way smaller than you think it's gonna be. It's the perfect size, but I opened the box and was like "What the fuck it's tiny!" hahaha

Tacoma WA

sa

San Francisco
TraceKaiser wrote:

Ah hah! They don't tell you, but the pulse has to be a certain volume - too low and you get nothing, too much and you get the problem I had! Nothing about this is mentioned hahaha, oh well tongue

Haven't got it synced with my DMG yet, but I've seen it done on YouTube so I know it can be done!

And yeah, if you like I could try recording a sample pack? Don't really know how I'd go about it hahah. They're pretty simple sounds tho, it makes me think of really nice Casios. Which is a mega plus!

Also it's way smaller than you think it's gonna be. It's the perfect size, but I opened the box and was like "What the fuck it's tiny!" hahaha

sample pack please!!!!!!!!! just record directly into your computer and just one by one trigger the sounds. try to get the volume as loud as you can without it distorting. zip it and upload to megaupload and send a link!!!!!!!!

PWEEEESSS!?!?!?!?

you would be my hero.

Whitley Bay, England

Should I add any compression/gate/EQ? Or just leave them totally raw?

San Francisco

raw is fine

Whitley Bay, England

Monotribe drum sample pack

Hope it's alright!

Also, I managed to get LSDJ to sync with my Monotribe, pretty stoked about it. However, you can't have anything other than the click track coming from that DMG - even if you split the channels some must bleed through, and the Monotribe really doesn't like it! So you gotta have a DMG, with another slave DMG outputting the click track.
However, now that I can do that, I could use my Arduinoboy and my DMG to effectively have MIDI sync for my Monotribe :3 hahaha

Unsubscribe

I wonder how it would respond to nanoloop sync pulses?

Whitley Bay, England

Oh yeah, Nanoloop has a totally different way of syncing doesn't it? I know absolutely nothing about Nanoloop other than how awkward I find the iOS version - how would that potentially work?

Also, I'm hopefully writing a collab DMG/Monotribe song with my buddy Psifork in the next few days :3 I'll be sure to post it for you guys!

Unsubscribe

http://vimeo.com/654609

Whitley Bay, England

Oh that's sweet

I'm planning on using my arduinoboy to sync my DMG to a PC, and then the DMG output a click track to my monotribe so effectively MIDI sync it hahah

Maek sum chillwavez.

Whitley Bay, England

http://soundcloud.com/simonforkton/cathys-house#

I did a track! With my mate Conor (Psifork). LSDJ & Monotribe :3
Monotribe is making the arps btw!

San Francisco
TraceKaiser wrote:

Monotribe drum sample pack

thank you dear sir.