BOSTON

ahh yes, on the subject of backing shit up...

luke/knifecity was at my house a couple of days ago for a show, and since i have a transferrer he understandably asked if he could backup his savs. 2 carts backup fine, BUT I FUCKING FRIED THE THIRD CART AND LOST HIS SAV AND HE HAD ANOTHER SHOW THAT NIGHT AHHHHGGG. one of my favorite musicians, and i almost kill a full 1/3rd of his music. luckily he had a backup of the backup, so the moral of this story is backup your fucking backups with other backups and shit. (also, maybe roll with like 6 identical carts or something?? i dont know)

Westfield, NJ
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

backup your fucking backups with other backups

This is so timely considering the photo of a backup connected to a backup that was posted recently.

BOSTON

sweden
jefftheworld wrote:

Yeah, this was a crazy necro.

On a related note, I always bring my netbook with my .sav backups so I can restore them if anything goes wrong.  I suppose not everyone has a laptop they can bring with them.  Perhaps building an arduino based device that could link a flash drive and a cartridge and restore data.  Or an Atari ST program!

/pipe_dream

Or just bring a mmc.

BOSTON

speaking of mmcs, why don't i ever see anybody gig with one? they are so freaking cheap

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Oct 9, 2010 1:00 am)

Missouri
Apricorn wrote:

I just make a song then as soon as I can record it. Sometimes I do it through my monotron for a tiny bit of effects. It must be a real pain in the butt that your songs you were going to use for a concert are destroyed.

I also back up my carts onto my harddrive, after every session. So I have an exact copy of my .sav to be used in an emulator/other cart.

BK
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

speaking of mmcs, why don't i ever see anybody gig with one? they are so freaking cheap

i dont gig with mine but i back up my EMS carts almost every week with mine. then i back those savs up to a usb cart and back up to my pc from there.

Tokyo, Japan

Back ups are seriously valuable. I've learnt my lesson about neglecing them.

Brazil

Battery dying is such a bummer. Mine died a few days ago and I can't fucking open the cart to at least try to see if I have batteries similar to the one I have.

That's why I'm using LGPT NONSTOP