Chicago IL
Legnox wrote:

Thanks for the ohh so great first impression of the community : /

Could I BE any more sarcastic?!

Haha sorry for the sarcasm, no you guys definitely have changed my impression tongue BUT with that drag'nDerp cart, is there any advantage to the the other cart besides just simple drag and drop? I mean, I'm running windows, not osx soo i should be good with just that riiight?

hardcore, Australia

drag n derp will not need a battery.

Oh! That's actually pretty awesome.. Anyone know the price the guy's gonna be asking for one of them? I'll probably get the EMS cart to start and maybe save up a few bucks for the DnD

Chicago IL

don't be sorry, it was an insult that went over your head. ZING!

I"m a dick.  I'm a spaz.  I don't exist lol. sorry about the spaz

Sweeeeeeden
kitsch wrote:
pixls wrote:

.~*~WAIT!~*~.

Don't buy an EMS if you're running os x and don't have a windows virtual or anything. The mac version of the gameboy cart flasher program doesn't work right with EMS carts so you won't be able to flash new versions of whatever program you're using or load up alternate .sav files

There's still the bleep bloops but they're stupid expensive and drama. I'm waiting until the aussie cart to get another one personally.

this doesn't work right? http://lacklustre.net/redmine/projects/ems-flash/wiki

the two flashing softwares for this stuff, the EMS-based and Ziegler-based, aren't really compatible.  i think one will do the RAM of the other, but i forget which it is...

i'm not aware of the linked-to software not working though on OS X...  i mean, working for its features atm...

Oh, you're thinking of the previous cartridge generation, when cartridges didn't have internal USB. You could pop any cartridge into any reader and you could backup SRAM, but not write to flash unless you got the right combination. However, you still needed the right driver for the reader.

How long should I expect to wait to receive a copy of LSDJ?

Sweeeeeeden

A day or two, maybe. All orders have to be processed manually by Johan.

Yeah, I just read that too from his site x) Alrighty, i'll just have to wait for this along with my EMS : )