São Paulo, Brazil
TristEndo-in-spacebutt wrote:

Buy one of those royalty free cds with the cheesiest music ever written on it.

I love how these are cataloged on their back sleeves:

/MOODY
/HOPE
/LOVE
/DANGER
/PARENTHOOD
/SEXY

São Paulo, Brazil
TristEndo-in-spacebutt wrote:

Buy one of those royalty free cds with the cheesiest music ever written on it.

I love how these are cataloged on their back sleeves:

/MOODY
/HOPE
/LOVE
/DANGER
/PARENTHOOD
/SEXY

Chicago IL

just use the theme from curb your enthusiasm

IL, US

just use saskrotch's music, especially if its for penis cream

Russia, Moscow

Generally, public domain music is one that composed and recorded and digitized a really long ago, like 100 years or more - i.e. one with all the related rights expired (includes rights of the author, of performers, of people who converted it into modern formats, etc). The only way for modern music to be in PD is when the author is released it into PD. And there is big catch - it is not easy to release anything into PD with modern laws. I.e. you only can say you released it into PD, and don't take any legal actions after this - but from legal point of view it does not mean anything, and your work is still copyrighted. If there are organizations in a country that has rights to protect others copyrights without asking them (that's crazy, but there are such organizations in some countries), they can make you some headache. In some countries there is just no way to change legal status of a work into PD at all. In US, you need to take special actions to legally release a work into PD, which includes paper work and paying a fee (like $20) for processing the papers, so I highly doubt anyone care to do that.

So, CC-BY is one is the best available ways to get and use some free music.

Last edited by Shiru (Jun 17, 2011 12:43 am)

Brazil
Shiru wrote:

Generally, public domain music is one that composed and recorded and digitized a really long ago, like 100 years or more - i.e. one with all the related rights expired (includes rights of the author, of performers, of people who converted it into modern formats, etc). The only way for modern music to be in PD is when the author is released it into PD. And there is big catch - it is not easy to release anything into PD with modern laws. I.e. you only can say you released it into PD, and don't take any legal actions after this - but from legal point of view it does not mean anything, and your work is still copyrighted. If there are organizations in a country that has rights to protect others copyrights without asking them (that's crazy, but there are such organizations in some countries), they can make you some headache. In some countries there is just no way to change legal status of a work into PD at all. In US, you need to take special actions to legally release a work into PD, which includes paper work and paying a fee (like $20) for processing the papers, so I highly doubt anyone care to do that.

So, CC-BY is one is the best available ways to get and use some free music.

This was nice to read. I was in doubt about the PD nowadays. I've seen some CC-PD, but read they are not supporting anymore. Thanks for the reading!

Ciudad de méxico, MX

what do you exactly need? i can compose it and record it if needed, at a cheap sudaca price. ( with real life musicians and the like, depends on what you'll need.)

Brazil
Analog wrote:

what do you exactly need? i can compose it and record it if needed, at a cheap sudaca price. ( with real life musicians and the like, depends on what you'll need.)

Nah, don't worry bro!