Liverpool, UK

suck a dick, joule amirite guys lol

Los Angeles

CDK: Not funny.

Anyway today I'm going to try adding  more filters:

- New Comments to your music
- Your Music
- New Music By Artists you've bookmarked

Also adding a little message to say you got new comments.
Also adding a message somewhere saying there are new items by artists you've bookmarked
Also adding a little message in each post in the forums saying if there is new music by the poster you haven't seen
Also if there is more time I will add "Other music you might enjoy" using cross reference by other members who've bookmarked similar items.

So STFU.

IL, US

hahaha, wow...thats a lot to add...sounds nice and i for one will appreciate the new awesomeness

uhajdafdfdfa

Awesomeness indeed, sounds great.

/me STFUs

Chicago IL

Also adding a little message in each post in the forums saying if there is new music by the poster you haven't seen

is that for everyone or people you've bookmarked?

Los Angeles
Saskrotch wrote:

Everyone. I want people to discover people in the forums.

that's a great idea.

Chicago IL
trash80 wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

what about cases where people upload like 5+ tracks in a sitting? or is it just going to be "new music" instead of like "This Guy - This Song"?

Central-ish VA

Sort of a side thought for you - maybe somewhere there could be either a pregenerated "random song" link or a button you press that takes you to a random song.  That would be interesting, of course with some given parameters of time or something (or heck, maybe none at all!).  Somewhere where this is easy to find, could help with getting music spread about if you've got a few folks just sort of wanting something new to listen to.

Los Angeles
Saskrotch wrote:
trash80 wrote:

what about cases where people upload like 5+ tracks in a sitting? or is it just going to be "new music" instead of like "This Guy - This Song"?

[ New Music ]

Los Angeles
trash80 wrote:

x DONE x New Comments to your music
x DONE x  Your Music
x DONE x  New Music By Artists you've bookmarked

Also adding a little message to say you got new comments.
Also adding a message somewhere saying there are new items by artists you've bookmarked
Also if there is more time I will add "Other music you might enjoy" using cross reference by other members who've bookmarked similar items.

Updated... need to just add in the hooks to the pages now smile

also added a "[new]" icon to the music list, if it looks goofy hit refresh. its a CSS thang.

Los Angeles

Added everything except for...
"Also if there is more time I will add "Other music you might enjoy" using cross reference by other members who've bookmarked similar items."

Because there wasn't enough time. tongue

IF THINGS LOOK WONKY HIT REFRESH.

A gray world of dread

Exciting! Thank you!

I got a 'NO U!' when I tried to bookmark a track, but it worked when I tried it again later. Is there a time limit or something?

IL, US

perhaps a button to clear all "new" tags in the music section? (with a confirmation afterwards, since this could suck if hit accidentally)...im just thinking it wont be long otherwise until almost every member is listed as having new music when i see them in the forums, when i may have intentionally passed on listening to a previous song (like because ive heard it already or im just not interested)

Nice features and good work.

What about having the perspective of making the site browsable/usable to, say, a person coming from google not even being involved in chip music from before. My opinion is that such a person should get a good impression of what's on here as possible. Not because it matters, but because this approach makes the site better in general.

Los Angeles
joule wrote:

Nice features and good work.

What about having the perspective of making the site browsable/usable to, say, a person coming from google not even being involved in chip music from before. My opinion is that such a person should get a good impression of what's on here as possible. Not because it matters, but because this approach makes the site better in general.

This is call a front page. It's on the "Missing features" list.