Milwaukee, WI

Yeah, that's the spirit! NERDS.

Milwaukee, WI

smile

hardcore, Australia

All works smashingly now. Thanks chaps.

Australia

NOW PLUG IT THOUGH YOUR BIG MUFF!

Hey, are you playin' at this gig up in Sydney in 2 weeks?  Be great to hear what you're doin' with the 'mig ;-)

hardcore, Australia

I am playing.
But a dodgy keyboard is giving me issues on the amiga front so this will likely be a gameboy set.

New York City

Is it an A1200 or A600?
Easy fix here by yours truly:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=51596

A500? Throw it into the bin. tongue

hardcore, Australia

THANK YOU AKIRA!
That is exactly what i spent yesterday googling for.

New York City

Not a problem man, glad it was of help!

I am pretty surprised I did not get more reactions on that thread to be honest. People complain about this problem all the time and some other people give out tremendously complicated and impractical fixes. This might be a bit bruteforce-ish, but it does the job fine and is not like you are likely to render your Amiga useless. I performed this on my A600 like a year ago and it still works. Of course with some more dedication you can make it a lot better than I did wink

NOW YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE AMIGA TO THAT GIGI tongue

hardcore, Australia
akira^8GB wrote:

NOW YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE AMIGA TO THAT GIGI tongue

Two weeks to write some tracks should be enough.

New York City
godinpants wrote:

Two weeks to write some tracks should be enough.

I wish I had that energy right now big_smile

GO GO GO GO!

hardcore, Australia

So i'm home and my cable is quite different to the one in your picture. It's got this thick clear film too thick to just scratch through and a blue layer stuck on top of it. I tried to peel it back and it started ripping up the traces.
In true comedic style the cable is getting shorter and shorter.

So far failing. and getting more frustrated and failsome.

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/cat … cts_id=760 i want this to be in stock.

Sweden

I ended up doing the same with my A1200 once, Akira, and it still sticks like there never was a problem!

New York City

godinpants, can you take a pic?
Only one of the sides of the cable allows this, you sure you were on the right side?

hardcore, Australia

i was doing the side that was already exposed

New York City

Hmmm really weird, at some point if you can photo it it would be cool.
Maybe you should try to hit a forum to just get the membrane instead of the whole keyboard? I always try to keep a spare membrane just in case...

hardcore, Australia

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50216

This thread and a bunch of others mention there a two different variants, the green and blue. I have the blue.

Apparently they aren't interchangeable.

I have just remembered the jar of conductive paint i have. This may be the solution i needed in the first place