New York City

i'd still be up for it if anybody builds it for me.

Philadelph-ohsh**takecover!!!

I have a lonesome c64 sitting in front of me. does someone know how to safely remove the 6581 chip?

Sweden

My friend has just ordered a bunch of PCBs and some components for these. The plan is to sell them either by by just the PCB (~25 EUR), PCB and a surface mounted component pre-soldered + some odd DC-DC coupler (~40 EUR) or pre-built ( ~200 EUR, with a custom laser-cut wooden case, without SID). We'll set up an ebay store or something once the boards and components have arrived, and until then, nothing of this is really "final." smile.

Milwaukee, WI
boomlinde wrote:

My friend has just ordered a bunch of PCBs and some components for these. The plan is to sell them either by by just the PCB (~25 EUR), PCB and a surface mounted component pre-soldered + some odd DC-DC coupler (~40 EUR) or pre-built ( ~200 EUR, with a custom laser-cut wooden case, without SID). We'll set up an ebay store or something once the boards and components have arrived, and until then, nothing of this is really "final." smile.

Great news!  I wonder if two of these could be used in a stereo configuration for soft that supports it.

New York City

A W E S O M E

I will be going for the PCB+surface mounted component kit so don't forget to post when you have this set up!

Psydney, Australia

Any news with this, Linde?

Bratislava, Slovakia

what i really want is something like Game boy DMG with LSDJ, but with SID chip inside, because that soundchip integrated into Sharp Z80-modified CPU is somewhat limited to me.

Sweden
iLKke wrote:

Any news with this, Linde?

The (unpopulated) boards are here, but a couple of other projects seem to be taking priority at the moment (arduino midi/dac/analog filter shield, lcd drivers).

New York City

Looking forward to snatch one of these up!!

Quick question, what is this ICSPHDR I see in the schematic? some sort of connector? other than that I can probably get all these parts and fab something up after breadboarding (assuming I can get an FT232 in through hole-fashion, which doesn't seem likely...) I'll take some pics if I get it all together. oh, and is that really a 6501? or did he typo it for 6581?

Sweden

Yep, it's a ICSP header (in-circuit serial programming). If you don't intend to program the PIC while it's on-board I guess you could leave it out. The chip is of course a 6581; with all the 65xx things in these boxes he got it jumbled up smile. If you replace the DC-DC coupler and filter caps you can most likely put an 8580 on it instead. Good luck!

About the boards, they are still here and collecting dust, and no one seems interested in working on gathering part kits for them at the moment. I regret having announced this so early, because this project will probably have to take a natural hobby course without any set dates. Those who have expressed interest will be kept updated either here or if you send me a mail (actually, a list of interested people would probably be a good kick in the butt for everyone involved).

Sweden

Just bumping to tell you guys that these are being sold now, fully assembled, in kits or as bare PCBs: http://devsound.se/products-page/sbu

Psydney, Australia

What is the practical difference between sidblaster and a hardsid?

New York City

Sucks that I am broke right now.
Are there any compatibility issues compared to a hardsid? I suppose this would work with Goattracker too.