Unsubscribe

San Angelo, TX
nickmaynard wrote:

in what way did you modify them?

Rca - Out, 1/4 and 1/8 out, Backlight, Half clock switch

San Angelo, TX

Why do you all have to bash on me? I didnt just recently discover chipmusic, i just recently found inspiration to produce it, i had an old gameboy laying around i thought "Why not?". Just because i am new to the ganre does not mean i lack any of the qualities as you all have. Thank  you to those who tryed to help me out.

New York City

You need not any sort of modified whatever to make chipmusic. your current computer probably can be used too.
That's the point.

San Angelo, TX

thats true. But i thought the point of chip music was to use the inspiration from classic games you played as a kid to create music, on CLASSIC hardware. i always saw using an emulator to produce chiptune was defeating the purpose. The modifications werent necessary, your right. but it was a neat experiment. Look i understand all of your points. but i dont want not to be accepted just because im new to the genre.

Unsubscribe

The point of chip music is to be awesome at something that doesn't have a lot of competition. This thread is about PROTECTING OUR TURF.

New York City
Screamforme99 wrote:

i thought the point of chip music was to use the inspiration from classic games you played as a kid

You thought really wrong.
Read http://chipflip.wordpress.com/chipmusic/

Wherever
Screamforme99 wrote:

thats true. But i thought the point of chip music was to use the inspiration from classic games you played as a kid to create music, on CLASSIC hardware. i always saw using an emulator to produce chiptune was defeating the purpose. The modifications werent necessary, your right. but it was a neat experiment. Look i understand all of your points. but i dont want not to be accepted just because im new to the genre.

I'm getting a bit tired of people saying that Chipmusic SHOULD AND ALWAYS WILL be made on the real hardware... Who gives a damn on what it's been made...

Anyways, if you think that you need a modded Gameboy to make music than that's fine. Who are we to judge.

England

He happens to mention a mod he's done, and some of you choose to criticise him with morose, useless, cleverer-than-thou dick-headedness. You act like you fucking own chip music! The same smug faces, every time. For fuck's sake, stop being so fucking precious.

Really, some of you should put the toy games machines down. It seems to have affected your development.

Unsubscribe
InactiveX wrote:

Really, some of you should put the toy games machines down. It seems to have affected your development.

You've shouldve seen me before. SHEESH.

Bristol, UK

The point is you're totally not allowed to enjoy modding things; especially not before you've enjoyed making music.

Wherever

Freedom of speech, yo!

Last edited by Spöka (Aug 30, 2011 8:39 pm)

New York City
InactiveX wrote:

You act like you fucking own chip music!

San Angelo, TX
Evil Scientist wrote:

The point is you're totally not allowed to enjoy modding things; especially not before you've enjoyed making music.

Really? why is that?

The Central Coast, Australia
Screamforme99 wrote:
Evil Scientist wrote:

Really? why is that?

Really?
facepalm.jpg

Screamforme99 wrote:

Why do you all have to bash on me? I didnt just recently discover chipmusic, i just recently found inspiration to produce it, i had an old gameboy laying around i thought "Why not?". Just because i am new to the ganre does not mean i lack any of the qualities as you all have. Thank  you to those who tryed to help me out.

Relax, there's no bashing on you-just silly puns of a bored internet forum looking to make some silly humor. Don't take it so seriously. The puns made back were as silly as you asking for people to donate a bleepbloop to you, then impatiently bumping the thread minutes after you made it because there was no response in...20 minutes. In fact, nothing was even personal...just a silly run-on gag that happened AFTER THE FACT where you got your relevant information (that's a rarity on the internet these days!).  Twas harmless. Absolutely nothing was implied about your potential or your personality or your potential at least on my end. Personally, I'm jealous of you modding it, that's something on my list to learn how to do in the future.

You got the link from Primate, now buy the cart and make some jamz!

Last edited by an0va (Sep 1, 2011 9:39 am)