Wonderful! heart Its a great sounding tracker, I love the authentic ST sound and the interface is great, keep up the good work Peter! I have this thread booked and I will check regularly for updates.

Last edited by bigsofty (Nov 26, 2011 10:23 pm)

bigsofty wrote:

Wonderful! heart Its a great sounding tracker, I love the authentic ST sound and the interface is great, keep up the good work Peter! I have this thread booked and I will check regularly for updates.

Thanks bigsofty for the comment, i am glad you like it smile
i am trying to keep the sound as authentic as possibly,
in order, to make it sound, the same on my Atari St, when i make my Atari St player.

you can also check this web-page for updates.
http://www.bitmania.de/index.php?page=home_fedepede04

there is also some other interesting stuff on
i will probably uploaded a new version later Sunday or Monday, i just need to do a little testing,
but i will post here when it is uploaded

Some of the new functions in the upcomming version.

Play From Button            : Add Play From Cursor Button
    Master Volume Slider        : Master Volume Slider FX nr.'M'
    Volume Slider                : Volume Slider FX nr.'C'
    Clear FX                    : Use to clear FX : Tempo, Score Arpeggio,fine tune, Volume Slider, FX nr.'C'
    Copy FX Function            : Copy previous FX number
    Copy FX Function with Data    : Copy previous FX Number and Data
    in Ins/FX Column            : In Instrument and Fx you can use space to clear the data at cusor position

OK Peter I'll keep an eye on that page too for updates.

Excellent functionality additions BTW!

I now have the ability to mess about with ST chip-tunes on my Win7 laptop, without messing about with emulators or messy interfaces... joy! big_smile

Thanks Again.

but it will still take some time before the Real ST player is finish.

in the new version the fullscreen mode should now work also on Win7 platform

BR.
Peter

i just uploaded a new Beta.

download from here
http://www.bitmania.de/index.php?page=home_fedepede04

Great stuff, thanks for the new beta Peter!

Never used a score-based layout on a tracker before... it makes total sense when you start using it though! big_smile

bigsofty wrote:

Great stuff, thanks for the new beta Peter!

you are welcome. :-)

bigsofty wrote:

Never used a score-based layout on a tracker before... it makes total sense when you start using it though! big_smile

the whole Idea with score-based layout, was that it should be easy and faster to edit.
also that it would be easier to vary your music.

if you find some bugs or have some ideas for improvements Pleas let me know.
and i will see what can be done smile

BR
Peter

OK thanks Peter, so far its pretty solid. I am still finding my feet, so its hard to say if I am doing things wrong or if its the apps fault(almost definitely me though tongue!).

bigsofty wrote:

OK thanks Peter, so far its pretty solid. I am still finding my feet, so its hard to say if I am doing things wrong or if its the apps fault(almost definitely me though tongue!).

If you are in any doubt on how to use the program, you just ask :-)

it should be pretty solid right now but i am keeping finding small bugs, and other annoyances.

but sometime it is easy to find bugs then using the program, When I code, I have a tendency to run the program in a way that does not find all the bugs, or maybe the smarts way.

Eg.
in the next version will insert bar, be move from F4 to alt + F4, because you can easily get to press f4, when you stop playback.

Best Regards
Peter

One small request is that when using the up and down cursors to scroll through your score is that it triggers the current line, this would allow a quick 'single step' of your tune, hearing how its forming just by scrolling up and down?

bigsofty wrote:

One small request is that when using the up and down cursors to scroll through your score is that it triggers the current line, this would allow a quick 'single step' of your tune, hearing how its forming just by scrolling up and down?

it is a good idea, I'll try to see if it can be done.
there'll probably take a little time, I have to figure out, how I can get it, to work in my program.

/Peter

No problem Peter, thanks for considering it. smile

bigsofty wrote:

Did it work like you wanted it to?

/Peter

Just spotted my PM...It works great Peter!

That was quick too, thank you!

Last edited by bigsofty (Nov 29, 2011 1:24 am)

bigsofty wrote:

Just spotted my PM...It works great Peter!

That was quick too, thank you!

i use a couple of hours of thinking and realize that the way, i have build my code, did i very easy to implement into my program.
so i was lucky :-)

It still need a little fine tune, i don't play note at score position 0, and also the Keyboard repeat need a tuning.

Thank again for the Idea and the input.

BR
Peter

It works great man, well done!

BTW I noticed than one instances of Ymer runs, and plays, at the same time without any visable or audio glitches... very impressive low latency.