hardcore, Australia

I personally like having gaps between music. It gives me time to talk to people and buy drinks without shouting. It also makes it easier to breathe in the room for a while when everyone leaves for a smoke.

Melbourne, Australia

I have always said that antismoking laws are one of the deaths of live music - How many people went outside between sets at blip? There would be were a mass of people constricting the footpath (I think a lot of people walking past were more curious about what was happening inside because of it, but still) having a break means that happens between sets - and not during. No one wants to be that person that everyone uses as an excuse for a smoke break

Melbourne
dosPrompt wrote:

I have always said that antismoking laws are one of the deaths of live music - How many people went outside between sets at blip? There would be were a mass of people constricting the footpath (I think a lot of people walking past were more curious about what was happening inside because of it, but still) having a break means that happens between sets - and not during. No one wants to be that person that everyone uses as an excuse for a smoke break

That's true. Still, I'd like to see more chip musicians playing constant mix sets. It's a lot of work though, even if it's mostly pre-sequenced (like in my sets).

hardcore, Australia

It works for some things, but I couldn't see it working for my sets, or 10k for that matter.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
godinpants wrote:

It works for some things, but I couldn't see it working for my sets, or 10k for that matter.

There was a stage when I was writing dance music that they were completely mixed.

I think it totally depends on the style of music.

I also think that a lot of punters only know when to clap/breathe/etc if there are breaks every now and again.

New York City
dosPrompt wrote:

I have always said that antismoking laws are one of the deaths of live music

Going back home stinking of cigarettes and coughing and with lungs full of smoke, even if you DON'T smoke, is the death, period. sad

ad-hell-aide