this

completely off topic, but this. tongue

Westcoast Norway

Opera have had my luv since 3.5

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

A browser is a browser

A gray world of dread
arfink wrote:

The only possibly problematic thing is with "cloud computing" which to me seems like a quantum leap backwards into the days of dumb terminals and mainframes. Which is cool for all the retrocomputing nerds, except it's not retro and whenever the "cloud" goes down everyone will be screwed.

That's very true. If you bother to read through the EULA that comes with a google account, you'll notice they reserve the right to suspend your account, period. They don't have to give a reason, and while you can make a plea, they don't have to even answer it.

That's very fun if you consider all the stuff google has it's fingers in. If you use their apps, your online docs are lost. So is your mail, if you don't use a mail client. If you use picasa, you can't manage your pictures anymore. Or your Blogger blog. Or your Youtube videos.

Then again, a web 2.0 murder of that kind could actually be something healthy wink

SF

It's a pain designing pages to support IE when it doesn't parse CSS correctly.

Minneapolis

Truth. Replace the word Firefox with whatever browser you want.

Minneapolis
µB wrote:

Then again, a web 2.0 murder of that kind could actually be something healthy wink

Also fact. You spend time thinking about this too? Everyone I tell about it thinks I'm some kind of nutjob conspiracy theorist, usually only half jokingly.

Cambridge UK

LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO GEOCITIES.

lol.

York, Yorkshire

Google just announced they are dropping support for FTP in Blogger.  Well done Google you idiots! Now I have to port all my blogs to Wordpress.  Grrrr.

George wrote:

LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO GEOCITIES.

lol.

JE ME SOUVIENS

and: +1 for chromium as best browsa evva

Last edited by Battle Lava (Feb 3, 2010 11:44 am)

heart firefox.

A gray world of dread

I want Opera's security, configurability and functionality with FF's plugin flexibility and Chrome's Java engine.