Montclair, NJ

I didnt pick up on too much unce, and trust me Ive been pretty tired of unce lately.

Abandoned on Fire

@The Ghost Servant -- IT'S JUST YOU!!!

lol j/k heart heart heart

Chicago
egr wrote:

heart

but for serious, I guess I have a different outlook on the whole shindig. I go to hardcore shows all the time (i played a my first [house] show with all hardcore bands last night) and outside of chip, I don't listen to much electronic music. Besides songs that are pure noise, I haven't heard anything that is 'too out there' as far as being heavy or aggressive. I've been looking to Datathrash to highlight aggressive chip artists that otherwise might not get any exposure in the chip scene because of the style they do. So when I say there are some surprising unce (I don't use that derogatorily) tracks on the compilation, I mean more that I'm surprised tracks that could potentially be on other comps were submitted. Everything (expect for my track, it sounds so bland!) sounded great on the comp, don't get me wrong.
I'm really not quite sure what I'm trying to say... some of the songs don't match up with what "thrash" means to me. It means different things to everyone, so saying that doesn't mean anything, but yeah.
To use egr's phrase, I didn't expect a break from all the slobbering madness

Last edited by theghostservant (Jan 18, 2012 2:27 am)

UK

man im gonna download and ill get back 2 u , hope ur not foolin me around like a lot of people here droppin NONCHIPshit in this forum.
TRASH i like the sound of it. Thumbs up.. 4 now wink

Abandoned on Fire
theghostservant wrote:
egr wrote:

heart

but for serious, I guess I have a different outlook on the whole shindig. I go to hardcore shows all the time (i played a my first [house] show with all hardcore bands last night) and outside of chip, I don't listen to much electronic music. Besides songs that are pure noise, I haven't heard anything that is 'too out there' as far as being heavy or aggressive. I've been looking to Datathrash to highlight aggressive chip artists that otherwise might not get any exposure in the chip scene because of the style they do. So when I say there are some surprising unce (I don't use that derogatorily) tracks on the compilation, I mean more that I'm surprised tracks that could potentially be on other comps were submitted. Everything (expect for my track, it sounds so bland!) sounded great on the comp, don't get me wrong.
I'm really not quite sure what I'm trying to say... some of the songs don't match up with what "thrash" means to me. It means different things to everyone, so saying that doesn't mean anything, but yeah.
To use egr's phrase, I didn't expect a break from all the slobbering madness

I get what you're saying and actually I'm sort of glad you feel that way.  I don't want Datathrash to get too overly specific with style or sound else everything would just sound the same... ya dig?  heart  "One man's thrash is another man's trash" is what my grandma always told me.

Chicago
egr wrote:

I get what you're saying and actually I'm sort of glad you feel that way.  I don't want Datathrash to get too overly specific with style or sound else everything would just sound the same... ya dig?  heart .

I dig.
I guess I'm saying there's nothing wrong with being, unabashed, 'the' place for aggressive chip.
We should probably have any further discussion else where if we're gonna get too specific of conversation between the two of us.

Last edited by theghostservant (Jan 18, 2012 4:55 am)

Montclair, NJ

I like what you're getting at ghost, not that i feel totally alike. However, I will say, the second I see a Fighter X or some like, Je Mappelle release dropping on DThrash, I'd probably never come back again.

I have a personal problem where I can't really express how I feel without sounding like an asshole, so I wont sit here critiquing myself for half an hour. I'll instead say; It's not that I have a problem with the aforementioned artists, it's just that I (Perhaps I speak for quite a many) Want too see heavy, grimey chiptuners (new or old(Prefferably lesser known)) seeing the spotlight here on this label with their unique thrash style. So far, I'm happy with what I've heard.

smile

Last edited by A Versus B (Jan 19, 2012 5:07 am)

Chicago
A Versus B wrote:

It's not that I have a problem with the aforementioned artists, it's just that I (Perhaps I speak for quite a many) Want too see heavy, grimey chiptuners (new or old(Prefferably lesser known)) seeing the spotlight here on this label with their unique thrash style. So far, I'm happy with what I've heard.

smile

agreed.
btw, I've given it a lot of thought, and your track is the bangin'est shit that was thrown down, for serious

Chicago

I wrote a song, "A Surprising Amount of Unce" in celebration of all we've talked about here.
Unfortunately, I can't release it until Sunday cause it's my Weakly Beets submission and all.
I'll upload it when I can

Abandoned on Fire

[ insert lyrics to "Forgot About Dre" ]

It's to early to be sayin I fell off.  Hang in there with me doods!  smile

Last edited by egr (Jan 19, 2012 6:27 am)

Winter Haven, FL
egr wrote:

[ insert lyrics to "Forgot About Dre" ]

It's to early to be sayin I fell off.  Hang in there with me doods!  smile

<--- HANGIN!

...not to say that there weren't a few tracks that made me have a similar reaction to ^ those guys' ^
However, it's cool that you are not as critical/selective as say... someone like myself when putting together releases.

t>.<t

Abandoned on Fire

shanghai

I enjoyed listening. its mental and spasticated and great ! wasnt so keen on some of the 4/4 unce ones, they were a bit too drilling for old nearly 30yr old ears......... My favourites were Wizwars, and Bitface's tunes. 'most irratating award' definately goes to track 8 and them feckin vocals.  . Good shit

Last edited by Downstate (Feb 3, 2012 6:48 pm)

I'm looking for more shrimps, but google didn't help. Does he/she have an album or something out?

Abandoned on Fire
Lavar wrote:

I'm looking for more shrimps, but google didn't help. Does he/she have an album or something out?

Here's their Bandcamp page:  http://shrimps.bandcamp.com/
and homepage:  http://shrimps.dummydrome.com/

Last edited by egr (May 22, 2012 10:24 pm)

Unsubscribe
Lavar wrote:

he/she

Also please refer to them as SHRIM.