Brooklyn, NY, USA
E U C A R Y O T E wrote:
Iron Curtain wrote:

Eucaryote: We all have our favorites. I understand your criticism, seeing as I am my own worst critic. smile

Well, you seem like a really nice guy and reading my message again, I feel bad for getting my teeth out so quick. See, much of today's music is so lazy in the making compared to the efforts that go towards self-promotion, I can't help but turn red.

I didn't mean to establish a final judgement on what you do. I'm just puzzled by your approach to music and wish someone could explain what I'm missing.

Oh. Well, think of what I do as a learning experience in action. I'm learning of what LSDJ can do and how I can manipulate it to do what I want it to do. Every day I found out some technique I hadn't learned before (or hadn't known how to do before). So you can think of my output as an open learning process.

Also, I try to focus on melody.

Does that answer your question?

Anynowhere
Iron Curtain wrote:

Does that answer your question?

Yep. Thanks. Perhaps introducing your work as such from the start would have made it less arguable, left alone selling it. But hell, who am I to tell you what to do? In any case, I hope you'll succeed at mastering the tool and expressing what you have in mind.

Brooklyn, NY, USA

Eucaryote: Also, there's a political undercurrent (or overcurrent, if you will) to my music. Sometimes that's the intention from the beginning, but other times I realize the aspect when I'm finished composing the track.