Seattle, WA US

WHO NEEDS RECORDINGS OF THEIR SONGS WHEN YOU CAN JUST HAVE A SHITTON OF LIVE VIDEOS?!?!

@ X-Bit's PAX afterparty

Yuma, AZ

Seems like sound reasoning to me! lol

melbourne, australia

Seattle, WA US
10spd wrote:

Seems like sound reasoning to me! lol

glad I'm not alone

Seattle, WA US

Also from X-Bit's post-PAX beep boop bonanza..

ORBITAL STRIKE (and that may or may not be me saying stupid shit into the microphone)

Sorry to always be blowing up the live footage thread.. we've just got a lot going on here in Seattle, and I figure it would be selfish not to let yall at least get a taste of it

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Psh. I love your videos.
(also love the camera work)

Last edited by Auxcide (Sep 6, 2012 2:26 am)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

also

Seattle, WA US

HAND WHAT R U DOIN
HAND
STAHP

And yeah, our buddy Josh has an awesome camera and he's nice enough to take awesome videos of us.

It's awesome.

San Diego, CA

http://www.youtube.com/user/LA8BITS

a veritable feast of footage from a recent LA show!

Yuma, AZ

I wish we had a lot going on down HERE! lol.
Bring me to Seattle! XD

Paris, France

So we did a live this weekend with Ninterido, we recorded our live sets, mine turned pretty horrible in sound quality, but enjoy anyway smile

Also the viz were Ninterido's NES, with some friends glitching it in rythm while any one could play

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Here's a short one a friend of mine was kind enough to put together from a recent show in Austin!

What do you think of the drums?

Edit: Disregard the slightly flubbed ending. hmm wink

Last edited by MicroD (Sep 13, 2012 3:43 pm)

Utah

Nice, MicroD. I enjoy the drums, they naturally bring a lot of energy and life to a performance.

NC in the US of America
MicroD wrote:

Here's a short one a friend of mine was kind enough to put together from a recent show in Austin!

What do you think of the drums?

Edit: Disregard the slightly flubbed ending. hmm wink

We'll get to the drums in a second, but I LOVE that whole Mariachi Band refrain you've got going there, lol. It's just lubly. Is that what you were going for? I'm just imagining a group of pixelmans in sombreros with guitars and trumpets made of hexidecimals and waveform patterns... yeeep...

As for the drums, yeah, man, they're great. Seemed like you were struggling to stay in time on the sustained cymbal crashes, though. You must really likes to play fast, haha.

I really enjoyed it, and the drums seemed to mesh with the chippytunes quite nicely.

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
The Laohu wrote:

Nice, MicroD. I enjoy the drums, they naturally bring a lot of energy and life to a performance.

Thank you sir! big_smile

SketchMan3 wrote:

We'll get to the drums in a second, but I LOVE that whole Mariachi Band refrain you've got going there, lol. It's just lubly. Is that what you were going for? I'm just imagining a group of pixelmans in sombreros with guitars and trumpets made of hexidecimals and waveform patterns... yeeep...

As for the drums, yeah, man, they're great. Seemed like you were struggling to stay in time on the sustained cymbal crashes, though. You must really likes to play fast, haha.

I really enjoyed it, and the drums seemed to mesh with the chippytunes quite nicely.

You nailed it with the Mariachi thing. There's a more obvious portion in one of my other songs titled Excision. I always tend to write with "real" instruments in mind. That's what makes it most fun for me! smile

http://bandcamp.microdmusic.com/track/excision

Thanks a lot. Drums are not my primary instrument and I'm hoping to get my own kit and space to rehearse in the future. I usually borrow when I have gigs and try to rehearse the day or week prior. I certainly have a lot of fun drumming along to this stuff. It was a sizeable task writing the drum parts for some songs though. Coming back to add drums to already fast songs in 5/4, 11/4 etc. and making that work... tongue

Playboy Man-Baby
myriad violets wrote:

Fucking Werewolf Asso seems to put on such an energetic performance, holy shit.
It's not even particularly intricate chipmusic either, it's just fun.

somebody, let's start a band

I can't reach California, but this is something I would like to do. sad