vancouver, canada

hot damn.  i was driving myself crazy over the WAV channel one afternoon because of this.  thanks for all of that research dan!

although, just to be sure, maybe you could just ask johan to confirm that this is in fact how the playback algorithm works?  (i don't remember seeing any detailed info on this in the LSDJ documentation, so it would be a good thing to add in the next revision.)

Abandoned on Fire

@danimal - That's some fantastic work!

Tokyo, Japan

So ONCE interpolates the frames, LOOP loops X frames from the end and PINGPONG actually does what you expect? That isnt baffling at all!

Thanks Danimal!

buffalo, NY
Lazerbeat wrote:

So ONCE interpolates the frames, LOOP loops X frames from the end and PINGPONG actually does what you expect? That isnt baffling at all!

Thanks Danimal!

Yup! 

The trick is mapping out all the frames that are being used. When you don't know what frames are being called, you really dont know what's going on for sure.  For example with the repeat value lower than the length, I never would have guessed that.

Fargo

This has been enlightening.  Thanks for doing all that research Danimal Cannon!

Danimal - you win!

San Francisco

Danimal pretty much got it all right here. i forgot to come back. lol.

great work dood.

Unsubscribe

The repeat length thing sounds like a bug. Run it by Johan?

Okay now, speed. This is what I was trying to figure out before: Is there a pattern to the Speed? Can it be defined in concrete terms of rhythmic values?

buffalo, NY

With the speed I find it easy to "feel it out" which is why I didn't document it.  However, I am a rhythm junkie and have spent years programming drum parts, so I might be able to pick out 8th note triplets easier than the average joe

I THOUGHT I calculated a formula that locks into place with the Speed, but by testing it with synced gameboys with one doing a click, it's definitely still slightly off. Looks like feeling it out is the only solution. hmm

This is something that isn't a problem for me with wav instruments with long decays, but it really bothers me when attempting to create staccato wav sounds like a bass stab/chug.

Turku, FIN

I'm having hard times with the wave channel clipping. What would be best way to avoid it?

Chicago IL
danimal cannon wrote:

With the speed I find it easy to "feel it out" which is why I didn't document it.  However, I am a rhythm junkie and have spent years programming drum parts, so I might be able to pick out 8th note triplets easier than the average joe

i have no idea what this is in reference to but i love triplets and wrote this one time
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/3847/ … d-command/

how can i dubstep my wave channel?

buffalo, NY
Saskrotch wrote:
danimal cannon wrote:

i have no idea what this is in reference to but i love triplets and wrote this one time
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/3847/ … d-command/

Important stuff, but different.  On my one song Polywrath I actually programmed quintuplets using D commands because I am crazy.

Chicago IL

i want to do that just because of the math it must involve