New York City

Oh, nice one on the HD interface. I hope it uses RDB partition format instead of custom, that way you can plug it into a PC and work with it using WinUAE (for easy file transfer for example).

The way I did my selectable startup sequences was by pure AmigaDOS script commands.
What I like about the "press key on boot up" method is that the command works without needing to open a Workbench screen with an AmigaDOS window in it. This, even though it sounds ridiculous, saves a bunch of memory, which is crucial in more limited systems. Also it's fast, opening up a screen takes time and then you have to type or whatever... If you put this really early on, it's very fast to boot.

This is the keypressed util:
http://aminet.net/package/util/batch/KeyPressed

It even includes some examples. Basically yu have to invoke it and analyze its output with a "warn" command, then act accordingly with a bunch of ifs and elses.

You can make "subroutines" in scripts using the commands "lab" and "skip". "lab" defines a subroutine name and "skip" goes to the subroutine you want.

Then again, all this is valid on Kickstart 2.0+, I don't know about 1.3. I think these commands are available but on disk instead of resident in ROM.

If you make an "F-key" type utility like Ilkke recommends, you could do it with keypress, adding a little bootblock screen that reminds you of what to press! it would be hella fast.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 1, 2012 11:07 am)

Sydney, NSW

If you want to boot right into ProTracker, there's a self-booting ADF here - http://code.google.com/p/minimig/downlo … oTr315.adf

As for other programs, I have no clue!

Psydney, Australia

Protracker3.15 ugh! tongue

Very bad choice for chipmusic, as it has a lame replay routing that will render some chip tricks useless

Abandoned on Fire

I'm learning with octamed 5.04 yay?

New York City
egr wrote:

Boooooo!

Protracker 2.3d for life.

Abandoned on Fire
akira^8GB wrote:
egr wrote:

Boooooo!

But I want synth capability which Protracker don't have?

egr wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Boooooo!

But I want synth capability which Protracker don't have?

pff..  chipmods forever.

New York City

Octamed 5's synthesis is horrible.
If you want synth, you should use Musicline or AHX. Then again, Musicline needs a beefier computer to run well, and AHX needs KS3+

Psydney, Australia

Well obviously you choose your own tools... but!

If you do go the pt2.x route, you will have the benefit of literally hundreds of most awesome chip modules at your disposal, that you can peek into and learn from the masters.