oliver wrote:

Nlmidi is a command line tool, it doesn't work by just clicking it.

Open a console window, change to the directory where the nlmidi program is located and then type nlmidi03 -parameter. Available parameters are:

-midi
-sync
-send <filename>
-receive <filename>

To switch to midi or sync mode, you can use a batch file: Create a text file with content

nlmidi03 -MIDI
pause

and save it as midi.bat or sync.bat.

ok didn't quite get how the program worked...
I don't really have anything to do with coding and similar stuff so, what does a batch file do?
also i don't quite understand how to use the commands....for example do i just type :   -send nanoloop254.mb     into CMD to update, because that doesn't seem to work for me..
Help is mucgh appreciated and sorry for my noobishness.

Last edited by Crya (Mar 11, 2012 7:01 pm)

I assume you are on windows. If you're in a command window in the directory where you put the nlmidi tool an the update file, you just type

nlmidi03 -send nanoloop254.mb

and press enter. Then the program will ask you to turn on the Game Boy and press START+SELECT.

You don't need batch files, they just make things simpler. A batch file is a text file that gets passed to the command line when double-clicked. Instead of typing the command each time you use nlmidi, you type the command only once in a text editor (notepad) and save it as a batch file.

ok thanks for the help appreciate it! and yes i am using windows

sweden
akira^8GB wrote:
mariomustache wrote:

becuase from what i gather, mgb does not have more sound creation tools, like custom drawable waveforms etc.........

I understand. Drawing your own waveforms would be nice, but I'd like LSDJ-style tables even more.

Drawing your own waveforms is possible in pushpin.

hiya, I just got my usb sync thingy, but I can't seem to get it to work...

I'm using OSX (which isn't my usual OS, normally i use windows, so i don't even know if i use the terminal correct...) it's version 10.5.8

when I try to start it in the terminal, this is what I do:

Plug in usb adaptor
open terminal.
type cd, drag in the folder where nlmidi02 is placed, press enter.

terminal now says Macintosh-2:nlmidi_02_osx noella$

then, when i type ./nlmidi02 -sync, this is what I get:

Macintosh-2:nlmidi_02_osx noella$ ./nlmidi02 -sync
dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
Trace/BPT trap

sooo, am I doing something wrong?
did I forget something?
user noella doesn't have all admin rights, but when I log in as admin, I get the same error.

Any clues?

Philly, PA, USA

weird, make sure the computer sees the adapter in hardware, I know my junk has been buggy sometimes

Do you mean the hardware part at the system preferences?
there's nothing there.

Or is there any other way to see if it is connected.

Philly, PA, USA

if you get hardware growler, a little app that posts a growl notification when hardware stuff changes it'll tell you when it's plugged in
apparently it costs $2 now though http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hardware … mpt=uo%3D4

It says it only for 10.6.6, and also, it's not my own laptop so I don't know if I want to buy program's for it tongue

Philly, PA, USA

ohhh i see, ok, well i forget how to find out what's connected to your computer, so if I remember I'll see if i can help any more, but that only might be the problem, what version of OS X are you on?

pixls wrote:

ohhh i see, ok, well i forget how to find out what's connected to your computer, so if I remember I'll see if i can help any more, but that only might be the problem, what version of OS X are you on?

I'm on 10.5.8 smile

I could try another usb port.. you never know.
I'll do some googling too

other usb port gives same error...

Last edited by Timbob (Jul 6, 2012 8:00 pm)

I sent a mail to Oliver. He told me he compiled the program in osx 10.6, so you probably need that version to get it to work...

he said he would try to make it compatible with older versions.. let's hope tongue

edit.

Last edited by 9H05T (Aug 21, 2012 9:01 pm)

London

Hey all,
I'm new to this, so obviously I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing haha
I got hold of the adapter and used it to upgrade my cart to 1.63 and load mGB onto the space, that all worked fine (using OSX)
The issue is I can't seem to get mGB to respond to the midi coming out of my computer.
Logic seems to be sending the data out through the adapter.. as far as I can tell :s  I've also tried all the channels (although mGB will only respond to 1-5, I think?)
I've also build an arduinoboy but its not with me at the moment and I only had half and hour or so to test it before I went away and left it :( but that didn't work with my midi keyboard either.
Is there stuff in mGB that I need to do to get it to respond or should it be ready to go on start?

Thanks for any help, I've been tearing my hair out trying to crack it on my own :)

edit.

Last edited by 9H05T (Aug 21, 2012 8:59 pm)

London

ah! thank you smile I'm glad I'm not alone. I'll try and dig it out my Abelton Lite copy and give that a go smile
Thanks, I'll give you a shout if I work it out as well, I'm starting a music production degree next month so if we haven't cracked it by then hopefully the tutors will be able to work it out wink