New York City

I'll try it!

By the way, I just tested the unit as it comes default, sending SYNC to LSDJ to its slave mode, and it worked LIKE A CHARM!
So those wanting to use MIDI SYNC with LSDJ, look no further. This is basically the easiest, cheapest option out there!
I don't want to test the other features because I want to keep it in mGB mode.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Feb 23, 2012 2:17 pm)

You can always set it back to MIDI / mGB mode, no need to "keep" it in that mode.

New York City

I don't want to deal with a commandline software to do this every now and then, I am fine with mGB so I'll keep it that way, and I  never used LSDJ with anything but sync.

By the way, the OS X NLMIDI02 archive is corrupted.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

oliver, can you do a  linux release? source for compiling?

Oh my gosh. I am buying three of these. Three, Oliver.

New York City
Analog wrote:

oliver, can you do a  linux release? source for compiling?

Having the tool open source would be brilliant.

Yes, I'll make it open source, just need to clean up a little before release.

Unsubscribe

As long as it passes the serial data through, you can probaly do something in puredata or max/msp to transform the raw serial in to usable midi if ti doesnt work out of the box I would think.

Maxd wrote:

Oh my gosh. I am buying three of these. Three, Oliver.

Hm. I don't make much profit with these. Maybe I should re-think the price, now that they have this extended functionality.

akira^8GB wrote:

Re-uploaded it.

New York City
oliver wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Re-uploaded it.

I will have to test it now, have you made the Windows version too?
mGB runs really bad and I don't know if it is this throttle or not.
As well as the missing notes, I also notice a lot of lagging. It's like the Game Boy has a very weird groove. Also, I need to delay the MIDI a lot, whereas when  I send sync to LSDJ, I don't need this.

New York City

The NLMIDI02 app refuses to work.
Here's the output:

akira$ nlcontrol reconfigure
nlcontrol: netlogon control failed with error ERROR_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO (0x00000547)

Any option I try, it gives this error.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Feb 24, 2012 10:45 am)

akira^8GB wrote:

The NLMIDI02 app refuses to work.

But the 01 version works? Just re-downloaded and tried 02 and it works on my mac.

akira^8GB wrote:

mGB runs really bad and I don't know if it is this throttle or not.

I did all testing on a macbook with the evaluation version of Ableton Live. On DMG, mGB occasionally missed notes, but really only occasionally, like every couple of minutes, while on GBP it always worked fine. As I understand you, you're talking about the original nlmidi01 - which has no throttling. It's probably the lack of throttling that causes mGB to miss notes and get out of sync. nlmidi02 with throttling should fix this.

New York City

Hey Oliver,
I am talking about the interface as it came from you, I have not used NLMIDI02 because, as I said, it didn't work. I did use NLMIDI01 but on Windows, as it is my main OS, I only booted OSX to do this but it failed. Perhaps a Windows binary should help.
Perhaps it's because I run OSX Lion?

My further testing showed not only the missed short notes, but a general sense of "swing" that is unnatural and wonky. I tested this with Ableton Live 8 Lite.

Sweeeeeeden

That error message is really weird, but have you tried doing sudo before the command? Just a shot in the dark, but might work.

New York City

The default output of nlcontrol is this:

nlcontrol: nlcontrol [OPTIONS] [reconfigure | status | verify | change-password]

-help (show help on all flags [tip: all flags can have two dashes])
      type: bool default: false

-domain (domain name) type: string default: ""
    -server (server name) type: string default: ""

So it seems this domain thing is present anyway, not just in the error. I mean, I don't think it has to do with the way I invoked the command. It just seems like a serious bug, maybe to do with Lion incompatibility, but how could I know? tongue

Last edited by akira^8GB (Feb 24, 2012 5:59 pm)

So when you type ./nlmidi02 you get this nlcontrol output?