buffalo, NY

Yeah I love my Mackie VLZ too, but I had to buy something that could stand up to touring

Unsubscribe

My mackie vlz802 is built like a tank, plus i have it in a flight case so i have zero worries.

never bought a mackie before. Hows the sound?

IL, US

mackies are excellent... have a 1202 vlz3 & an onyx 820i

Tokyo, Japan

Also, seeing as mixers are likely to be a fairly constant, central part of your studio, I would save up a bit and get a decent one! Allen and Heath also make very good ones.

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Feb 24, 2012 1:19 am)

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
e.s.c. wrote:

mackies are excellent... have a 1202 vlz3 & an onyx 820i

oh snap with the firewire?  how much do you think about banging it?

IL, US

never, not into metal objects in that way... has some damn fine sounding EQs on it though

buffalo, NY
Frostbyte wrote:

never bought a mackie before. Hows the sound?

they're great really.  It has the same EQs and mic preamps that are in the "big boy" mackies.

But it'll definitely cost you a significant amount more than a Behringer.  Is the audio quality that much better?   Probably not for chip stuff to the PA, but if you're running mics into it YES.   As I said I just needed something much more dependable.

e.s.c. wrote:

never, not into metal objects in that way

HA

Danimal: Ah, then I'll stick with the behringers haha. I'm not even a live player. It fits me for my studio recordings, I don't even have to do much post on it to make it sound hot.

Costa Mesa

Mackies are beautiful holy canole. If i feel like live vocals are something I'm into I might get one eventually but as is... I've found I'm not really much a front man, I've attempted a few times and it didn't turn out so good. I can be on stage ok but when it comes to like group efforts I tend to be a support person and not the lead, which my main chipprojects will be a group effort. But if we ever end up investing on a better mixer due to audio quality Those are definitely something I'll look into. But then again as is we're running our voices through cheap voice changers just to have a low-fi effect anyway... haha.

Unsubscribe

also my mackie has balanced out, so you wont need a di. You can much more flexible gain structure too, so its never steered me wrong in any number of challenging (read shitty) live situations,

buffalo, NY
TrebleChild wrote:

Mackies are beautiful holy canole.

fuck I really want a canole now

Costa Mesa

i can't get over obi-wan canole though

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
e.s.c. wrote:

never, not into metal objects in that way... has some damn fine sounding EQs on it though

yeah ive been using a mackie 8bus at school and it sounds great but its all analog.  now is there an i/o on that mackie if so how fast is it?

IL, US

havent really used the firewire aspect of it much yet, mostly due to me constantly reconfiguring my laptop that has firewire

Costa Mesa

firewires have always been a mystery. They're like that format everyone knows is great but for some reason little to no computers contain a firewire port.