South Dakota

I remember when I got my Gameboy, I was but a child and it was Christmas Day. I had awoken early from my slumber that morning to find the sun had not yet risen and all were still asleep. I would have to wait a few more hours before the taking of gifts was official, but a quick peek downstairs wouldn't hurt.
    We did things differently at out house. Instead of just the normal batch of presents under the tree, our parents would leave unwrapped gifts in separate stashes near the tree. With our filled stockings next to each stash to identify who got what, I slowly crept to the darkened living room to find mine. The tree was off for the night and I had to be quite as not to wake mom and dad, so seeing the names embroidered on the stockings would prove difficult.
    I eventually saw three big piles of various toys and what not, but where was the fourth? Where was mine? In the darkest corner of the room, sitting on a chair, was a stocking. I looked carefully at it and determined that it was indeed mine. But where the gifts? A single small and soft package lay on the chair.

My heart sank.

I went back upstairs and into bed, devastated. I had asked for a GB, why was I getting a package that probably contained socks? Tears rolled down my face, as I tried to fall back asleep.

A few hours later, I heard noises from downstairs and figure the folks must be up now So I clopped down to the living sadly accepting my fate of socks. Mom was sitting on the couch sipping some cocoa and greeted me with a "Merry Christmas!" and a cheery smile.
    'Merry Christmas" I mumble and walked over to chair that held my bitter reward. As I sat down and lifted the package, I noticed a familiar red marking on the top of the package and turned around it read it.

"NINTENDO"

My eye almost burst from my head. I saw a strap attached to it and a zipper running along three side of the package. It wasn't a pack of socks, but a case! I slowly unzipped it and lift the top and saw a Gameboy nestled in the middle of the case.

Better post this before the thread is closed. wink

I cried a little there... crispy

New York City
SgtCrispy wrote:

I remember when I got my Gameboy, I was but a child and it was Christmas Day. I had awoken early from my slumber that morning to find the sun had not yet risen and all were still asleep. I would have to wait a few more hours before the taking of gifts was official, but a quick peek downstairs wouldn't hurt.
    We did things differently at out house. Instead of just the normal batch of presents under the tree, our parents would leave unwrapped gifts in separate stashes near the tree. With our filled stockings next to each stash to identify who got what, I slowly crept to the darkened living room to find mine. The tree was off for the night and I had to be quite as not to wake mom and dad, so seeing the names embroidered on the stockings would prove difficult.
    I eventually saw three big piles of various toys and what not, but where was the fourth? Where was mine? In the darkest corner of the room, sitting on a chair, was a stocking. I looked carefully at it and determined that it was indeed mine. But where the gifts? A single small and soft package lay on the chair.

My heart sank.

I went back upstairs and into bed, devastated. I had asked for a GB, why was I getting a package that probably contained socks? Tears rolled down my face, as I tried to fall back asleep.

A few hours later, I heard noises from downstairs and figure the folks must be up now So I clopped down to the living sadly accepting my fate of socks. Mom was sitting on the couch sipping some cocoa and greeted me with a "Merry Christmas!" and a cheery smile.
    'Merry Christmas" I mumble and walked over to chair that held my bitter reward. As I sat down and lifted the package, I noticed a familiar red marking on the top of the package and turned around it read it.

"NINTENDO"

My eye almost burst from my head. I saw a strap attached to it and a zipper running along three side of the package. It wasn't a pack of socks, but a case! I slowly unzipped it and lift the top and saw a Gameboy nestled in the middle of the case.

Better post this before the thread is closed. wink

+

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 15, 2012 5:03 pm)

Tacoma, WA

What a touching tale... I remember the first gameboy I got........... What, you thought I was going to tell you about it... nope... I will say that my first gameboy was a CGB... I have ordered a modded DMG from Justin though... it should come in either next week or the next next week...

Before i got my very own GameBoy (Color), i used the old DMG from my Dad.
Then on Christmas (i guess 2000? ) my uncle gave me my very own (Green) GameBoy Color. He teased me a little and sad, he didn't could get a game for it, but then he gave me some Lucky Luke GBC Game, it was okay ♫
Good times with this GBC, i remeber the TV Commercial for Pokémon Silver and Gold and my grandma buying me my Silver Edition big_smile
Also i will never forget the epic adventure i had with TLoZ: Oracle of Seasons. Last year i finally got my hands on a complete boxed game.
Today my GameBoy Color mainboard is inside a custom case and got a SP Frontlight, still perfect for playing.

My first Modded DMG i got from DMG-R-US, red inverted backlight with prosound mod and NES-Buttons.
But 'cause i thought that like 80 €uro for it was freaking expensive i decided to learn how to solder and mod them myself. The only think i buy nowadays are DMGs and DIY Parts.
Except for one DMG which will arrive tommorrow, got some special mod i can't perform myself ♥

South Dakota

akira^8GB

In my mind yes.

Abandoned on Fire

This thread should be left open so that it can continue to serve precisely the same function as it is serving now.

.FILTHadelphia

I'm packing to move tomorrow!

Washington / California
defiantsystems wrote:

I'm packing to move tomorrow!

I got my first gameboy because the realtor my parents chose when we moved told me I could have $100 if I could keep my room spotless until our house sold. I was a messy child, but the house sold in 4 hours. Bought a GBC, Pokémon blue, and Gex the Gecko.

matt's mind

wasteoftimethread

I've got a broken DMG and a cgb and sp that I won't break open for modding. Just wanted you to know

Milwaukee Area, WI

Still got to get off my lazy ass and solder the mods onto my second one. Red Backlight and Red buttons. It's L33T Y'A11

Spokane, Washington
kitsch wrote:

wasteoftimethread

Abandoned on Fire

San Francisco

hey guys hey guys hey guys!!!!!! i dont care.

Chicago IL

oh man i remember my first gameboy

it was 15 years ago CAUSE I AINT NO BITCH