Truth!

Armidale NSW Australia :D

Everybody loves pointless subgenres! Everything must be placed into a category!
BTW I liked The Teaching Machine by the way an0va.

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 8, 2012 10:30 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

Back on topic,

This is the Glowing Stars roadcase with the brains of the in-ear rig. The "mixer" is actually a headphone amp mixer. It takes in a stereo feed, four aux signals and an fx loop which can be mixed separately for each of four headphone amps, which means Lizzie and I get separate mixes. Because the mixer doesn't have pan controls for the aux inputs, I made adapters to use the L and R channels of alternating headphone amps so I can pan anything in either headset pair.

The black box in the middle is a stereo mic preamp. I split each of our microphones so that the sound person gets a signal and I get a signal and they're entirely independent.

This setup has been changing a lot lately. Before I found the headphone amp, I was using a little Soundcraft mixer instead, which only had two separate stereo mixes (main outs and aux), so it only allowed one headphone mix. It was still light years better than using floor wedges, especially for vocals.

I'm looking for a little stereo reverb unit, like an Alesis microverb, for the in-ear vocals. Otherwise, I think I'm totally happy with this setup now. smile

バード大学

Have had two bands thus far that use LSDJ. Keep up or fall apart seems to be the ground rule for all of these bands. Although my current band is so fucking noiserock that the gameboy is just kind of there to make additional obnoxious sounds while we play.

square0ne wrote:

Everybody loves pointless subgenres! Everything must be placed into a category!
BTW I liked The Teaching Machine by the way an0va.

thanks! smile