St. Louis

Are you pretty set on ditching gameboy all together? You could always get a usb cart to back-up your files with. Seems like a cheaper alternative.

Seattle, Wa

Get a USB NES controller and compose on an emulator?

Unsubscribe

Psp runs Lsdj fine, plus you can run little piggy tracker

hardcore, Australia

Just write music with a band and use a bit crusher.

hardcore, Australia

Also I've been using the same two carts since 2008 and have no problems.

uhajdafdfdfa

you might like to take this opportunity to try LGPT ! the interface is the same so you will pick it up easily

shanghai

psp lgpt. sorted. play manhunt 2 when you cant be arsed to write music.

New York City
ant1 wrote:

you might like to take this opportunity to try LGPT ! the interface is the same so you will pick it up easily

Well, there's quite a gap going from synthesis-based composition to sample-based composition... not as easy as it seems.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 27, 2012 10:24 am)

Matthew Joseph Payne

Wait hold on. Your cart battery died and so you're ditching the console? Just back up your music next time. Calm down and keep working with what you have!

New York City
kineticturtle wrote:

Wait hold on. Your cart battery died and so you're ditching the console?

I'd say reliability in data storage is a very important concern.

Joliette, QC, Canada

Paragon5 ? wink
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=51785

San Angelo, TX

I never said I was going to ditch my DMG, I was just looking for the best alternative so that way I don't loose so much music, last night I lost a song that I was fairly confident was my best song and was supposed to be the ending track on my EP, I have decided LSDJ on the DS will be my next move.
I will DEFINITLY still be using my DMG I just need to find a more reliable cart I guess.
Where can we buy those drag and drop carts?

sweden

Just back up more frequently.

.FILTHadelphia
Screamforme99 wrote:

I will DEFINITLY still be using my DMG I just need to find a more reliable cart I guess.

I think the EMS cart batteries are just hit or miss. I think once you replace the battery it should last damn near forever after that. I could be wrong about the battery lasting a long time but I feel quite certain I've read this somewhere.

Matthew Joseph Payne
akira^8GB wrote:
kineticturtle wrote:

Wait hold on. Your cart battery died and so you're ditching the console?

Agreed, but I just always hear about people losing all their data because of battery failures. I use EMS carts exclusively, and have NEVER lost data. I wouldn't leave anything important on my computer without a backup, and the same goes for my LSDJ songs. Data storage reliability is, in part, a human function.

kineticturtle wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Agreed, but I just always hear about people losing all their data because of battery failures. I use EMS carts exclusively, and have NEVER lost data. I wouldn't leave anything important on my computer without a backup, and the same goes for my LSDJ songs. Data storage reliability is, in part, a human function.

I just back up my carts regularly, I've been going for a couple years and the batteries are still doing fine, but if you're super worried then just take up the tradition of replacing the batteries every 1 or 2 years.