Washington / California
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Be original and create ur own patches

There's merit in looking at other people's patches to see how they got a particular sound.

It's definitely helped me make my own programming more complex.

Long Beach, CA
TERADAKTYLE wrote:
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Be original and create ur own patches

There's merit in looking at other people's patches to see how they got a particular sound.

Definitely. It's all part of learning/sharing. Flipping someone's patch into something 100% new and unique is all part of the fun.

Gosford, Australia

I've never looked at other people's patches online or downloaded people's saves - but one day I might! On the other hand, I've shown or explained to people how I achieved certain sounds before and it's all good, it's not like I'd achieve anything by holding onto any "trade secrets" anyway!

Texas
Terbografx wrote:
TERADAKTYLE wrote:

Definitely. It's all part of learning/sharing. Flipping someone's patch into something 100% new and unique is all part of the fun.

Agreed. Looking at patches helps me understand commands and tables better so I can create my own.
If it wasn't for patches to help understand commands and tables more I wouldn't be where I am musically today with my chiptunez.

Savannah, Georgia

we just need somebody to make another lsdj patchbook site so we can just get this shit going again

i'd do it myself but i don't have a website nor any money to spare to do so

Plymouth, UK
Aeros wrote:

we just need somebody to make another lsdj patchbook site so we can just get this shit going again

i'd do it myself but i don't have a website nor any money to spare to do so

It's in the works - just the migration is taking longer than expected because of school work - it'll come soon big_smile