The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
SketchMan3 wrote:

"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"

YES. thank you, that was bugging me. ;]

Westfield, NJ

OK so what you are describing is exactly what Unicorn Kid is doing with his new material and I think if you listen to his songs for a while you will realize what you are doing wrong.*

http://soundcloud.com/unicornkid/pure-space

The percussion is very understated and mixed in well. The kick just provides the consistent beat for the track but it doesn't call attention to itself. The rest of the percussion changes throughout the track, nice snare fills all around. And it's very fast and high energy but the whole point is letting the lead stand out and of course there are nice breaks and portions with no percussion at all which is very important IMO.

* And let me be clear that all art is subjective and you can just ignore everything I've said. But if you could incorporate this advice and make some really catchy melodic unce I would totally listen to it.

Last edited by Decktonic (May 25, 2012 6:28 pm)

sounds like bit shifter without bass and with loud kicks,

i think using the wav channel as bass in parts of the choruses would help a lot to vary this up.

.FILTHadelphia
Kool Skull wrote:

dont ASK people if they'd listen to it, just release it. that's the best thing to do.

Can't agree more. Reteris said it pretty well and I'll paraphrase this "music is an art form, I've never understood people wanting to have critiques on their art." That sentence pretty much made me say fuck it and just release shit.

Gosford, Australia

okaaay cool. slept on this and read this second page and i have a lot to think about! i will probably be raising the frequency and quality of variation (track gets boring after less than 2 mins = bad sign) and making that kick softer but there'a still a lot of things that won't really change. anything i change about this will probably propagate through the rest of the songs in one way or another.

leaving this open for comments but i'm pretty sure i've got everything i need. thanks everyone, i'm surprised how un-brutal your brutal honesty was!

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

u sux. ur moosic sux. I liek ur name tho.

Last edited by Auxcide (May 26, 2012 12:58 am)

Gosford, Australia

gooby pls