I recorded this tune without prosound, and it sounds okay...http://chipmusic.org/goob47/music/you-wish

Comments?

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
goob47 wrote:

I recorded this tune without prosound, and it sounds okay...http://chipmusic.org/goob47/music/you-wish

Comments?

Hey, no threadjacking.
   Only one "my first lsdj-er" per thread, buddy.

Chicago IL
boomglitch wrote:

I've got the recording issue for quality delt with to a point.

but now I'm having this problem where everything recorded through the DMG comes out in mono.

the program I'm recording in is set to record in stereo, and if I just clap into the mic, or play the dmg unplugged it'll record stereo.

but not if the DMG is plugged in.

example

http://chipmusic.org/boomglitch/music/mp3

what program are you using to record it?

Indiana
Saskrotch wrote:
boomglitch wrote:

I've got the recording issue for quality delt with to a point.

but now I'm having this problem where everything recorded through the DMG comes out in mono.

the program I'm recording in is set to record in stereo, and if I just clap into the mic, or play the dmg unplugged it'll record stereo.

but not if the DMG is plugged in.

example

http://chipmusic.org/boomglitch/music/mp3

what program are you using to record it?

I was using cubase,  when the issue started, then tried using audacity, and the same thing happened.

Chicago IL

hmm, well the issue isn't that it's recording in mono, but that it's only recording on the left channel. but it seems like if it's happening in both programs it's probably a hardware issue. i'm guessing it's not the gameboy's output or you would've noticed that a long time ago.

if you have a different 1/8" cable, try that, or use the same cable to record from a different device, and see if it's still got the same problem.

are you using any kind of plug adaptors? i used to have a similar problem when i'd use a 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor to record from a guitar / mic / whatever

Chicago IL
Auxcide wrote:
goob47 wrote:

Comments?

Hey, no threadjacking.

yeah, you definitely could've posted this in your 'transplanting lsdj' thread, especially since i asked if you had actually written any songs yet.

Indiana
Saskrotch wrote:

hmm, well the issue isn't that it's recording in mono, but that it's only recording on the left channel. but it seems like if it's happening in both programs it's probably a hardware issue. i'm guessing it's not the gameboy's output or you would've noticed that a long time ago.

if you have a different 1/8" cable, try that, or use the same cable to record from a different device, and see if it's still got the same problem.

are you using any kind of plug adaptors? i used to have a similar problem when i'd use a 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor to record from a guitar / mic / whatever

welp I tried changing the cord/adapter types, reinstalling drivers and doing every thing I can possibly think of. So I'm sure it has to be my adapters/cords then.

should I just get a higher quality adapter/cord or try something else all together?

*also weird*

it'll play fine in stereo no problem if it's just playing, through the monitors.

but the second it's recording it just goes straight to the left channel.

Last edited by boomglitch (Jun 7, 2012 12:28 am)

sorry to threadjack... just wanted to show an example of a song i recorded without prosound... But now that humming noise is really pissing me off, so i've finally started the long-delayed project...

Chicago IL
boomglitch wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

welp I tried changing the cord/adapter types, reinstalling drivers and doing every thing I can possibly think of. So I'm sure it has to be my adapters/cords then.

should I just get a higher quality adapter/cord or try something else all together?

*also weird*

it'll play fine in stereo no problem if it's just playing, through the monitors.

but the second it's recording it just goes straight to the left channel.

okay, so it's definitely not the cable or your laptop's audio input, which is good news

the bad news is i'm totally out of ideas. the other good news is a lot of people are smarter than me.

Chicago IL

all i can really think of is check your input/recording settings. i think when i had the problem, i would just record in mono, because nothing i was using needed any sort of panning

SLC, UT
Saskrotch wrote:
Auxcide wrote:

Hey, no threadjacking.

yeah, you definitely could've posted this in your 'transplanting lsdj' thread, especially since i asked if you had actually written any songs yet.

Saskrotch, you're my all time favorite.

NC in the US of America

When watching the streaming videos that my church was broadcasting, it would only play through the right speaker. I went into the computer and, turns out, the audio settings application hadn't been installed, and after I installed it, I found that the Left channel was turned all the way down, and the slider was panned all the way to the right. I don't know how that affected the recording, but it seems must have.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Oh god, boomglitch, your new avatar scares the shit out of me

Saskrotch wrote:

all i can really think of is check your input/recording settings. i think when i had the problem, i would just record in mono, because nothing i was using needed any sort of panning

Totally this, when it comes to Audiacity check your Recording Settings and also the best option is, to deactivate any microphone you have on ya Laptop.
I also had to change some Settings till i could record it right.

Indiana
9-Heart wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

Totally this, when it comes to Audiacity check your Recording Settings and also the best option is, to deactivate any microphone you have on ya Laptop.
I also had to change some Settings till i could record it right.

yup quadruple checked, even retried uninstalling and reinstalling audacity and no dice.

looks like I'll just doing one channel LSDJ stuff until I can get this figured out.