IL, US

ok, enough, back on topic smile
estimate on how much merch space will be available per artist? just trying to decide how many copies of which releases to bring with me smile
also: soundcheck/load-in times? smile

Cambridge UK
e.s.c. wrote:

ok, enough, back on topic smile

Sorry. sad

====-======

Last edited by B3tabot (Jan 8, 2012 9:25 am)

====-======

BOSTON
low-gain wrote:
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

Boston 8Bit shows have been doing 300-400ppl recently, and at top venues. Granted, we keep the ticket cost pretty low, but still... thats a pretty big deal. Also, the local media has been very receptive; interviews with artists, features in local magazines, etc. A lot of people are working really hard and there is some serious scene building going on here, NYC, Philly. 

not to interrupt the pity party or anything ;D

Once again.. East Coast.
300-400... wtf.. why haven't we been seeing live footage video coming out of boston!? c'mon boston.. get your shit together! smile

can do!

http://vimeo.com/9428195

and there i plenty more at the boston8bit channel here: http://vimeo.com/user2749812

New York City
George wrote:

From what I have seen in NYC, that doesn't seem to be an issue at all.

That's because they are all a bunch of drunk fucks! tongue

Actually, I wouldn't assert that it's not an issue at all in NYC unless someone organizing shows there says so. Bar deposits for a weekend day in NYC are fucking expensive, so perhaps whoever makes shows has a deal that avoids this (you don't specify which sow you are referring to) or no problem with bar turnout since the venue works different, like playing in a bar which already has a set amount of people going every weekend and you just chipping in (no pun intended) to play for a while.

Your problem may have to do with the age of your show population or with the fact that the people that go to your show are simply cheap asses. All ages shows usually impact on bar consumption if you get more kids in, free shows usually attract the attention to people that doesn't want to pay a dime for anything.

Organizing events is not a simple task but it's very rewarding wen done right.

Sorry to go offtopic again ;P

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 27, 2010 5:41 pm)

====-======

====-======

Last edited by B3tabot (Jan 8, 2012 9:26 am)

NJ

i know it's a little late for this, but a sure shot and easy lineup to get 1,000 people:

nine inch nails or kmfdm
+
nullsleep

really, that's all you needed.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

This show needs a name. tongue

====-======

====-======

New York City

Yeah, right tongue

Brooklon

I really hope this hasn't all been some huge build up to the weakest April Fool's joke in chip history...

I would giggle a little though if it did turn out to be so.

Last edited by Note! (Mar 30, 2010 12:39 pm)

NJ

YOUREALLABUNCHOFSUCKERSFORFALLINGFORTHISFEST 2010

aka - TROLLFEST2K10

Last edited by facundo (Mar 30, 2010 12:54 pm)

====-======

Last edited by B3tabot (Jan 8, 2012 9:27 am)