soundtrack to this was done on it, source file is available on the download page

Unsubscribe

So I take it you are liking it?

Psydney, Australia
ant1 wrote:

all datas on one screen? it looks like protracker but sideways smile)) cool tracker

Sideways, what?
Only the sequence is horizontal.

San Francisco
minusbaby wrote:

Drum machines… well, that's another story. Sigh.

I hear that.

this tracker does seem really rad.

uhajdafdfdfa

hi, i don't want to be cross posting things everywhere because i know that is BAD,

but i feel like my tutorial is worth mentioning in this thread

i have basically taken what is in the manual and put it in "baby's first SID-tracker" steps for you but some people like to learn by following a procedure and others do not

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/8104/ … -tutorial/

minusbaby wrote:
Theta_Frost wrote:

The Chameleon looks really interesting.  VGA out sounds so nice!  Very pricey though.

Whenever I feel like a desirable and useful piece of chip music-related kit is too expensive, I remind myself to be infinitely thankful about not drooling over or feeling that I need old guitars like this.

Drum machines… well, that's another story. Sigh.

You're not missing much over not lusting over those guitars anyway IMHO

Last edited by an0va (Aug 14, 2012 6:51 am)

BTW this thread + ant1's c64 music for dummies thread are my two favorite things ever right now, thank you!

Last edited by an0va (Aug 14, 2012 6:50 am)

Holland

Looks pretty good!

uhajdafdfdfa

edit: had some bugs but they seem to be fixed. i emailed hermit and he is an amazingly nice guy - great!

Last edited by ant1 (Aug 15, 2012 1:12 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa

all versions of SID-Wizard have seen some changes and bug fixes, and SID-Wizard-extra (EXTRA!!) is available to download now too, get it here: http://sourceforge.net/p/sid-wizard/cod … nk/binary/

it uses more cpu time than normal SID-Wizard (or indeed SID-Wizard-medium and SID-Wizard-light) but how much do you guys care about CPU time really smile unless you are putting your songs into demos this is the one for you

i use SID-Wizard-packed-extra.prg and SID-Maker-packed-extra and copy them into the d64 with c1541.exe, so i don't lose my tunes, but you can just use the prgs as they are or download the d64 and lose your songs (or copy all your songs across with c1541 if you want, seemed easier to me to just copy the wizard and the maker than to copy all my tunes)

uhajdafdfdfa

just noticed the first post screenshot shows it running at x8 speed (FOUR HUNDRED HERTZ), didn't notice it could do multispeed ~ super cool

Cool. This is the *only* music editor on c64 i know that opens upper and lower border for useful stuff. big_smile

Btw. Any way to turn of this nervous raster flickering? I know the most tools has it but it isn't really useful. Especially for 'extra' version it isn't neccesary.

uhajdafdfdfa

sid_fanatic if you build from source you can edit "settings.cfg" the lines

playbarcol=6   ;(default:6) colour of single-speed rasterbar
jambarcol=11   ;(default:11) colour of jamming-mode rasterbar
multibarcol=6  ;(default:6) colour of player-indicator multispeed rasterbars (0 to disable)
multilincol=14 ;(default:14) colour of line before multispeed player-rasterbars

hope that helps

ant1 wrote:

sid_fanatic if you build from source you can edit "settings.cfg" the lines

playbarcol=6   ;(default:6) colour of single-speed rasterbar
jambarcol=11   ;(default:11) colour of jamming-mode rasterbar
multibarcol=6  ;(default:6) colour of player-indicator multispeed rasterbars (0 to disable)
multilincol=14 ;(default:14) colour of line before multispeed player-rasterbars

hope that helps

Ahh thanks goody. I think I will wait for the final release, then CFG customizing will follow.

The only thing I find difficult is to create simple sweaping pulses. In Odin Tracker its pretty easy, where we can set pulse limits and it automatically sweeps back to the initial setting. But maybe it's only me as I'm not a genius in calulating stuff. big_smile

Last edited by sid_fanatic (Aug 18, 2012 7:06 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa

put the up value, the down value twice, and then the up value again, and it will vibratre around the start point (if that's what you want), eg

84 00
10 10
10 F0
10 F0
10 10
FE 01

ant1 wrote:

put the up value, the down value twice, and then the up value again, and it will vibratre around the start point (if that's what you want), eg

84 00
10 10
10 F0
10 F0
10 10
FE 01

I understand. Indeed simple. big_smile

It's probably time to open some wiki, official support forum, instrument database etc to attract many people outside tiny c64 scene. This is a big release and it would deserve it.