UK
balloonbear wrote:

If you have any experience tell about it. The best side chain I ever heard in lsdj was knife city's song Iron Curtain - Mekkwarrior (LaDiEz MaN sAm remix)

given how hot that track runs towards the end, i wouldn't be surprised if this was done in post-production.

Try this
http://www.buskerdroid.com/2011/11/side … n-in-lsdj/

Gosford, Australia
balloonbear wrote:

You can show printscreen

i'd have to take a photo of my gameboy screen for that, hehe

Russian Fedration. Moscow City
Victory Road wrote:
balloonbear wrote:

You can show printscreen

i'd have to take a photo of my gameboy screen for that, hehe

u can use emulator

that is very interesting thing. but i'd like to see how it looks like in emulator or smth like that

Most interesting idea was use command M. But with it kick have lower vol too

Los Angeles, CA

Step 1: Record channels separately.
Step 2: Sidechain.

...In all seriousness though, I've been toying around with this a bit. I use brief panning effects (faux delay) on all pertinent noise hits- snares mostly and some kicks. Then I record just the stereo effects of the noise channel and use that to trigger various compressors. Works pretty swanky.

EvilWezil wrote:

Step 1: Record channels separately.
Step 2: Sidechain.

...In all seriousness though, I've been toying around with this a bit. I use brief panning effects (faux delay) on all pertinent noise hits- snares mostly and some kicks. Then I record just the stereo effects of the noise channel and use that to trigger various compressors. Works pretty swanky.

Nice idea! But what to do if u play this song live using only ur dmg-01

Los Angeles, CA

Mostly not worry about it. I tend to use that sort of compression less as an effect, and more to help the limiter do its job at to get maximal drum volumization. To do that live, I just... turn it up.

2 EvilWezil: Ofcourse, if u use 2 lsdj

Philadelphia

I've started using the E command to try to get the effect, but I'm only really using it on my bassline at the moment. So for example this is what it looks like:

NOTE--CMD
F 3 ------ E09
- - - ------ E33
F 3 ------ E09
- - - ------ E33
F 3 ------ E09
- - - ------ E33
F 3 ------ E09
- - - ------ E33

We've given you plenty of ideas; I think it's time for you to fool around with them for a bit and see what you can come up with. big_smile

AANABAY01

uh

the correct answer here was clearly "no"

brooklyn!
firebrandboy wrote:
balloonbear wrote:

If you have any experience tell about it. The best side chain I ever heard in lsdj was knife city's song Iron Curtain - Mekkwarrior (LaDiEz MaN sAm remix)

given how hot that track runs towards the end, i wouldn't be surprised if this was done in post-production.

all on lsdj!
pretty much all the techniques i use have already been covered in this thread, but it was just a table with some M commands!
i'm glad you liked that song! i hate game boys!
k l8888

buffalo, NY

I used E commands in this track. Starts at about 2:46
http://danimalcannon.bandcamp.com/track/spacewalk

If you buy the album you get my save files and you can see how I did it

Unsubscribe

That is a great marketing idea.