0-9 - 0-9
10 - A
11 - B
12 - C
13 - D
14 - E
15 - F

540, VA

i couldn't imagine hexidecimal being that difficult to understand...

Westfield, NJ
squaretherapy wrote:

when you are familiar with something, that's the way it seems, but it's not true for everyone.

540, VA
Decktonic wrote:
squaretherapy wrote:

when you are familiar with something, that's the way it seems, but it's not true for everyone.

Touche...

540, VA

that would be like explaining to me the point of NASCAR.... such a headache

NC in the US of America
squaretherapy wrote:

that would be like explaining to me the point of NASCAR.... such a headache

It's actually pretty interesting in a scientific way if you listen to the commentators without actually watching it. It is my theory that NASCAR is simulating a LONG cross-country race, but on a circular track. That's why the races are so long.

It's cool, like... they have to make sure they use the right tires that will wear out at the right speed. If they don't wear out fast enough, they lose traction. If they wear out too fast, they have to pit-stop and change them.

The science of it is all very fascinating.

540, VA

science...and NASCAR...in the same sentence?....you sir, are a God

Auxcide wrote:
Je Mappelle wrote:

yes definitely do that, it will sound miles better. i'm surprised no one latched onto that

Honestly, less important then seeing what he can do.

WHAT, are you kidding me with this comment right now? Why the hell would you waste your time writing that? Are you trying to prove me wrong?

Of course I know seeing what he can do is important, but that certainly doesn't write off recording quality as non-important. Specially when there are people commenting on how the kick sounds bad...

540, VA

does playing through a DMG really add that much "umph"?  Because maybe thats whats wrong with my kicks lol

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I didn't say not important at all, just less important for the purpose of getting. Firat time feedback. wink
What's more important, technique or sound quality?

squaretherapy wrote:

does playing through a DMG really add that much "umph"?  Because maybe thats whats wrong with my kicks lol

Not necessarily/not really. You need better kicks and eq. The kick's sound needs to be beefier, along with it's bass level.

540, VA

Once my second cart comes in i thing running two drum tracks will really do the trick.  but we shall see =]

If you take the time to study some good ways to make a kick, you wouldn't even need a second cart. Or listen to these guys and lower all the other volume so the kick was more prominent. wink
Listening to it again, on my phone without headphones, I can't even here a kick. Which isn't good. Because this tune needs a strong sharp one. All I'm saying is, don't rely on a 2nd cart to cover for you. The sound is there you just need to discover it.
/inspirationalrant

Auxcide wrote:

I didn't say not important at all, just less important for the purpose of getting. Firat time feedback. wink
What's more important, technique or sound quality?

It's not a case of what's more important, it's a case of helping this person out and that's all I was trying to do. You came back at me with a smug comment. As if you were trying to draw out my point. I just don't understand why you would do that.

- Recording with a gameboy will help your sound quality significantly and you should probably do that before taking any advice on sound design.

Wow? Me? Smug?
You're reading way too much into this. I wasn't being hostile or even completely disagreeing with you. hmm

Whatever, I'll concede, listen to Je Mapp dragon: Throw out all advice because you didn't use a gameboy. Forget about the kick, I'm sure it's fine. All you other people who used an emulator too? You're shit out of luck, sorry. Your stuff will sound like crap until you can record with a gameboy. It's the most important thing for you as a musician, kids.

See, that is me being a dick. Now you can actually have something to actually complain about. smile
heart

540, VA

boy...that escalated quickly