Indiana

Get a scene haircut, wear tight pants, put stuff on your profile that says things like "WILL DROP BASS FOR BEER!", and get really good at four on the floor beats.

Composing won't matter if you master these things.

Last edited by boomglitch (Jul 24, 2012 4:26 am)

boomglitch wrote:

get really good at four on the floor beats.

that's how i did it lololol

NC in the US of America
Frostbyte wrote:
boomglitch wrote:

get really good at four on the floor beats.

I'm really bad at that...

Austin, Texas
Saskrotch wrote:
Telerophon wrote:

Really, though, the best way to learn is to LURK MORE.

(I know that is kind of a dickish way to put it, but I really wanted to say it before Saskrotch.)

i would never say "lurk more".

You just did!

SketchMan3 wrote:
Frostbyte wrote:

I'm really bad at that...

Kick...bass....snare/kick...other bass syncopated...kick...cool new bass....kick/snare....bass

Making it isn't hard, it's getting the sound design and the arrangement and most importantly the feeling into it. Formulaic dance is easy; stuff that really makes you groove is tough as nails.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Listen to disco. Disco's still cool right?

Auxcide wrote:

Listen to disco. Disco's still cool right?

Well actually.... a lot of really sick recent electro comes a lot from disco haha.

Oh Madeon, definitely. Kaskade too.

OT: improvise on your instrument of choice. 99% of my stuff comes from sitting at pianos all day.

Austin, Texas

That Madeon kid can really put it down:

He's 17. This is literally the music I've always wanted to make. I'd do anything to learn from him haha.

Gosford, Australia

Turned 18 a couple months ago, actually! Used to produce hands up stuff when he was a wee laddie, if that's your jam. I think he just makes a shitton of music in his spare time, that's how you get good real quick. But there's nothing wrong with simply progressing and improving in your own time.

This other musician I've been in touch with for the last few years only started making dubstep/complextro stuff like 2 years ago but now he's already a world class producer in those genres - simply because he just sits down and makes music 10 or more hours a day. Not everyone has that kind of dedication in them, though.

Makes me want to do Weekly Beats. I used to do that kind of thing all the time. Music with certain guidelines in a certain timeframe. That sort of thing really helps you to improve, think on your feet and understand your medium.

Austria

Yay ! I got my LSDJ Cart today, so i can fiddle around with it after work big_smile
It already has a demo song in it "Blusight".. this will help me out alot with the chords and arp stuff i guess.
Thanks for all your input ! Love ya all heart hehe