Cleveland, OH

So here's the PCB I came up with:

It's just about done. Just need to double check everything.

All I'd need from the Pak is the connector. Solder it in place to the board and cut a hole for the mini USB plug.

I can get some pics of the inside of the Transfer Pak later. I've already desoldered the cart connector.

Easton, PA, USA
Apeshit wrote:

I'm pretty sure these are two very different things.

They are different, but still relevant. I was thinking scour the pak guts and see if there is enough to stand alone and replace the controller connector with something more practical. Wishful thinking, if the only good part is the cart connector, but that's still something.
Thanks for posting the pcb Justin, looks like a real beaut, more streamlined when compared to the Ziegler design. Makes me wanna build one ever harder.

Mike, the programs you put together, still mind blowing, and I'm still going to try them out when I get the necessities for it. If it works virtually, it would simplify the hell outta of camera dumping if you can't find a transferer, or go through the gbc to mmc to usb method. I can't get those .sav files moved around fast enough.

Shit, anybody ever dump an mmc or a genius boy?

Cleveland, OH

So you can see this thing is perfect for a GBCflasher
It's got the connector, the case and an out line for a new PCB. It will probably be awhile until I finish this but I've ordered most of the parts.

Last edited by thursdaycustoms (Jul 25, 2012 12:36 pm)

Easton, PA, USA

good shots, the wait would kill me in the mean time.

zerolanding wrote:

it would simplify the hell outta of camera dumping if you can't find a transferer, or go through the gbc to mmc to usb method. I can't get those .sav files moved around fast enough.

Yeah, about that, a while ago I was thinking... And came up with this:
From the nanoloop website about the usb-midi adapter

-getmidi

This command inverts the direction so that MIDI signals are sent from the Game Boy to the PC.
The adaptor performs no parsing, each byte is forwarded as it is, may it be valid MIDI data or not. Using this function with random non-MIDI data from a Game Boy program may confuse/crash a PC software and / or the USB / MIDI driver.

Shoot me if I'm wrong. But if the connector just forwards every byte of info that comes from the user port, can't you just write a program to capture that data and say, use the adapter as a virtual gameboy printer to send te pictures to?

Press print on gameboy -> save picture on computer.

If lsdj had a transfer song option, you could theoretically use it to back up your songs as well..

I've got no idea and technical know how to say if this works or not, but it sounds logical to me tongue
Can anyone confirm / deny?

Cleveland, OH
zerolanding wrote:
Apeshit wrote:

I'm pretty sure these are two very different things.

They are different, but still relevant. I was thinking scour the pak guts and see if there is enough to stand alone and replace the controller connector with something more practical. Wishful thinking, if the only good part is the cart connector, but that's still something.
Thanks for posting the pcb Justin, looks like a real beaut, more streamlined when compared to the Ziegler design. Makes me wanna build one ever harder.

Mike, the programs you put together, still mind blowing, and I'm still going to try them out when I get the necessities for it. If it works virtually, it would simplify the hell outta of camera dumping if you can't find a transferer, or go through the gbc to mmc to usb method. I can't get those .sav files moved around fast enough.

Oh and just to comment on this. It is exactly the Zeigler design. I just followed the schematic and checked his PCB to make sure all my connections were correct since the schematic doesn't exactly give all the info you need. I may just print out his PCB on some transfer paper and etch my own board because It will be cheaper. But I REALLY want to use this Transfer Pak. At least I could use the connector for either design.

Milwaukee, WI

So this is the zeigler design using this transfer pak's case and cartridge slot? Neat, I'll be down for one. smile

Cleveland, OH
Theta_Frost wrote:

So this is the zeigler design using this transfer pak's case and cartridge slot? Neat, I'll be down for one. smile

Yep. Exactly. Sorry but I won't be selling this.

Easton, PA, USA
justinthursday wrote:

Oh and just to comment on this. It is exactly the Zeigler design. I just followed the schematic and checked his PCB to make sure all my connections were correct since the schematic doesn't exactly give all the info you need. I may just print out his PCB on some transfer paper and etch my own board because It will be cheaper. But I REALLY want to use this Transfer Pak. At least I could use the connector for either design.

I looked at them side by side, when I made that comment. I liked your pcb, thought it was neater, and the transfer pack is good feng shui. The controller connector makes nice kickstand. Building your own stuff and having it work is really one of the top feelings. I understand the decision on not selling or making a bunch of these. Apeshit said it himself, the design has been floating for awhile... The transfer pak pcb looks kinda similar. How off would you say it is from the programmer, off hand?

Timbob wrote:

Shoot me if I'm wrong. But if the connector just forwards every byte of info that comes from the user port, can't you just write a program to capture that data and say, use the adapter as a virtual gameboy printer to send te pictures to?
I've got no idea and technical know how to say if this works or not, but it sounds logical to me tongue
Can anyone confirm / deny?

I like this idea too, I still need one of those, messing around in nanoloop alot lately. This has been a thread of good ideas and revalations,   I am psyched that my weekend is hear, and I have got a good shopping list going now.

Last edited by zerolanding (Jul 26, 2012 11:43 am)