BOSTON
Aeros wrote:

well, you've piqued my interest. name them. (if you can name more than 2 i'd be surprised)

lol? you must not know much about me then. i can name 2 in this thread wink

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Aug 1, 2012 7:50 am)

Forest Maze
Lazare wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

Where do you get the idea that he thought there was anything wrong with it? The "offensive" word he used in regards to your music is often aimed at one's own works, and the respected works of others. It doesn't necessarily mean they think it should be flushed down a toilet.

He just made it seem like synthpop is some generic staple genre that is easily found and easy to obtain.

I will fucking eat you

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:
Auxcide wrote:

What qualifies as "professional"?
Just curious. Sorry, for the hijack hijack.

a professional would be a person who makes a living writing or performing chiptune music. i know of MAYBE 5.

Oh, well then, yeah there wouldn't be many. But why are we talking about professionals? If it's in reference to Trey, then you don't need to make a living out of something to have an impact on it.

Canada
NUCLACE wrote:
Lazare wrote:

He just made it seem like synthpop is some generic staple genre that is easily found and easy to obtain.

I will fucking eat you

That was uncalled for and I've reported you for harassment,

I hope in time you realize what a fool you are for degrading an entire genre of music, based on your own bias.

BOSTON
Auxcide wrote:
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

a professional would be a person who makes a living writing or performing chiptune music. i know of MAYBE 5.

Oh, well then, yeah there wouldn't be many. But why are we talking about professionals? If it's in reference to Trey, then you don't need to make a living out of something to have an impact on it.

because amateur LITERALLY means a persons who isnt a professional. and i totally agree with you but the word isnt an insult, it means a specific thing.

Forest Maze
Lazare wrote:

I hope in time you realize what a fool you are for degrading an entire genre of music, based on your own bias.

Fuck it.

Canada
NUCLACE wrote:
Lazare wrote:

Fuck it.

I fail to see what you even contribute to this community.

Your music is sub-par, and you act like a child.

Last edited by Lazare (Aug 1, 2012 7:57 am)

Chicago IL
Aeros wrote:
Lazare wrote:

Also treyfrey is all right, but just a little amateurish

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH HOLY SHIT

srs, someone go get saskrotch, he'd have a field day in this thread

I've never listened to any TreyFrey. A ways back he was threatening IAYD because a bunch of other people were saying he sounded like an IAYD rip off, so I never listened to him.

BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:
Auxcide wrote:

because amateur LITERALLY means a persons who isnt a professional. and i totally agree with you but the word isnt an insult, it means a specific thing.

Haha oh duh. tongue

BOSTON
Lazare wrote:
NUCLACE wrote:

Fuck it.

I fail to see what you even contribute to this community.

Your music is sub-par, and you act like a child.

AND THUS THE GREAT PONY - HEDGEHOG WAR OF 2012 HATH BEGUN

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Aug 1, 2012 8:00 am)

Shit. I'm out of popcorn, guys.
$10 on Sonic.

Also, Nuclace is a vital part of my life, nevermind the community.

Canada

For the record I'm stating that

Treyfrey is not an amatuer at LSDJ composition for at this I would have no knowledge of comprehending the work he puts into it,

as for melody work however, I can say I have not heard much that is very spectacular out of him,

maybe you all know more than I do about the work he puts into it,

but I don't.

To me it sounds like any other LSDJ music, the timbres are very similar to many other similar LSDJ works I've heard before,

I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, I just personally don't enjoy it.

There's only so much timbre that can come out of the chip. Granted, I'm not saying I haven't heard some amazing stuff come out of it, but you have to keep in mind that there's always going to be overlap in it's sounds.

Canada
Auxcide wrote:

There's only so much timbre that can come out of the chip. Granted, I'm not saying I haven't heard some amazing stuff come out of it, but you have to keep in mind that there's always going to be overlap in it's sounds.

I understand this,

but why do so little artists choose to blatantly shell themselves into this limited timbre area, they could incorporate so many more timbres, and expand on the idea of game boy music to appeal to wider audiences.

Well, not saying I agree with you but, I am actually adding new elements to my 2xlsdj stuff. I'm going to be adding effects, synthesizers, and a drum machine.

But I still love the pure gameboy chip sound. And the appeal of most chipmusic is that the artist is using equipment that has limited sound capabilities and turning out things that take you out of caring or noticing. And not everyone wants to sacrifice their tastes just for a wider fanbase.

Gosford, Australia

lazare you're alright as long as you never post another pointless pony picture again (besides the avatar)

but there's a bunch of reasons why people don't always feel the need to "incorporate other timbres" into their chip music - reasons that have been explained many times already in this thread and others.

i think the best reason is that maybe that's just what they want to do...

maybe we should all just do what we want to do with our own music

fuq da h8rs

Last edited by Victory Road (Aug 1, 2012 8:20 am)