Madison, Alabama
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

big_smile

are there any specific mixing/production topics that people want to talk about?

Limiting/compressing would be a good topic.

BOSTON
roboctopus wrote:
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

big_smile

are there any specific mixing/production topics that people want to talk about?

Limiting/compressing would be a good topic.

definitely. i think it is "the" topic for most hardware chip artists really

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Aug 13, 2012 8:14 pm)

NC in the US of America

Getting good low end.

Edit: Shoot.. I may not even get to tune in... sad

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 13, 2012 8:17 pm)

Really wanted to come and listen, but unfortunately this is at 2.30 A.M. over here...

NC in the US of America

So, just so I have everything straight: This entire thing will be audio, right? No video, including the Production Q&A, correct? Just wanting to be completely sure.

BOSTON

haha, yes. its just its just an online radio show where we'll be debuting the album, followed by an informal production Q&A / hangout whatever in the stations chatroom.

BOSTON

oh, and JUST IN CASE the address is: http://areciboradio.com/

i keep misspelling it tongue

NC in the US of America

Well, I'm a not gonna be able to make it to the live, but... I'll be there in spirit smile

Hopefully it'll stay on late enough for me to catch the tail end. Peace, and have fun, guys.

buffalo, NY

Busy tonight but looking forward to listening!

Utah

Shoot, I think I missed it. Checkin' it maƱana.

BOSTON

WOW WOW WOW

guys, i cant thank you enough for hanging out and goofing around with us, that was mega huge! We had to double the number of prize packages because of such a response! D: So if you tweeted or posted something hilarious and/or raunchy, I'll be sending you a PM laaaaater tonight after i've chilled out a bit haha.

Giga thanks to 8 bit Power Hour and Obtuse for having us on, Brandon for being Brandon, Emily for being Emily and all you awesome peeps!!

If anybody wants to follow up with production questions (i couldnt keep up with the chat!) I would be more than happy to do so here. We only scratched the surface big_smile

Massachusetts, USA

Awesome album, BP! Hibernate, hibernate!

I might have some more production questions... but they refer to how to do some of the stuff you mentioned in the software I use, so I'll google first and bug you later if I can't figure it out.

Thanks James and Lydia!

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Really wish I could've made it. . . Sounded like fun. Can't wait to hear the album later. wink

NC in the US of America

I made it home in time for the last half, but reasons beyond my control prevented me from tuning in. sad

I got to hear some of it, though.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 14, 2012 4:40 am)

BOSTON

BRIGHT PRIMATE - Night Animals

GET IT! -> http://www.iimusic.net/catalog/2012/08/ … ht-animals

1. Night Animals 01:09
2. SOURCE CODE 03:49
3. Outside Myself 04:41
4. Hibernate 05:16
5. Hypnotized 04:41
6. Sunset Intermission 02:39
7. Acid Pity Death Spiral 03:22
8. Doppelganger City 04:34
9. A Little Night Music 04:28
10. Space Opera 05:17

Night Animals is an album that was 3 years in the making. It is what we set out to do as BRIGHT PRIMATE, and we couldn't be happier to be finally sharing it with you, our friends and fans and internet associates. Its been an effort of love and we believe that it represents another small step forward in the evolution of chip music from a basement hobbyists pursuit to what we all know it can become.

There are so many people that have helped us shape this album, so many people who have inspired us or listened to rough mixes late at night or assisted us with their expertise in one way or another, and we would like to acknowledge some invaluable specifics: Carl AKA Radlib AKA Oxygenstar et al. for general solidness of character and always moving forward; Misfit Chris for many 5am chat sessions and lending me his ears on more than one occasion; Smiletron David for being a constant mellow optimist in the wee hours of the night; Disasterpeace Rich for setting the bar pretty high; Dan of the J. Arthur Keenes Band for showing us all just how great a vocal chiptune album can be. Boston8Bit, Toy Company, Bitmasters, 8Static, I/O, Chipwin, REboot, PAX and Magfest peeps; you know who you are. Nerd Rock Radio and Seaking's Seaglass too. Probably most of all though, thanks to you for listening to this record, whoever you are, because music is just two animals communicating in the night.

credits
released 13 August 2012
Lead Vocals recorded by Jon Taft at New Alliance Studios, Cambridge, MA
Background vocals recorded by James Primate at The Cave, S. Boston, MA
Produced, Mixed and Mastered by James Primate at The Cave, S. Boston, MA
Cover Art by Corina "CJ" Robles

Assorted voice acting by Audrey, Anjali and Crystal of AT&T Labs
"Outside Myself" features excerpts from "Robot Love Poetry" by TB788-E10-D

BRIGHT PRIMATE is:

* Lydia Marsala - Lyrics, Vocals, BGV, Songs, Music
* James Therrien - Gameboys, Synths, BGV, Songs, Music

http://brightprimate.tk
http://iimusic.net

GET IT! -> http://www.iimusic.net/catalog/2012/08/ … ht-animals

[this WAS the pre-release thread, but might as well consolidate, right?]

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Aug 14, 2012 5:18 pm)

NC in the US of America

Yay!

Also, I recorded most of the listening party except for a chunk of the very last part. It was very enjoyable. And the tips you gave on production were great!

Hm. Back vocals ground...

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 14, 2012 5:18 pm)