Palmdale, CA

Deco paint markers maybe sharpie paint markers and sum clear gloss and your finished nothing to complicated yo. I graff it up :3 so I know a thing or two about a thing or five

Austin, Texas

Oil based paints aren't going to work well on plastic without primer, I recommend priming it first with a neutral plastic primer or base coat that matches your biggest fill and then using the acrylic Decocolors over that, finished with clearcoat.

I used to rock the pilot super jumbos with DOT3 and a drop of fish oil, so I know the score too homie. cool

KC

Back in my modelling days, for primer I liked to use this stuff called gesso, you can get it in a spray can.

I liked it because it absorbed paint better and when you sanded it it got as smooth as glass.

Heres some pics of a keyboard that I am doing right now, not quite done. I used krylon indoor/outdoor for the red, black and ivory. the dark gray is just primer because I couldn't find anything that matched that color. The light gray is just some cheap stuff cause krylon didn't have flat gray. Got them all at Wal Mart.

couple coats of primer, sand down then several thin coats of color.
and it helps if your primer is either white or a lighter tint of whatever color is going on top.

and I plan on painting this pixelated mushroom sprite on the 10 key section but Im not sure how yet.
at first I thought stencils but will probably do it by hand.

oh yeah and I don't really think acrylic would be your best choice, not durable enough unless you put a clear overcoat on it then it would work.

Last edited by Grymmtymm (Aug 11, 2012 9:59 pm)