this really cool sound has haunted me for months and i can't seem to make anything that comes close to it. it's so cool yet so cruel; i must have this power at my thumbtips.
please help, signed ultraturducken

Gosford, Australia

wav channel, low pitch, high resonance/q

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

This?

Madison, Alabama

Yeah, like vic road said, wav channel.  Use a saw wave, low cutoff going to a high cut off (or vice versa, play around) add some resonance/q.

Play around with those settings.  Pingpong or Play once or loop.

Add some resync if you like.  mess around.

Chicago IL, USA

I'm glad someone else asked this because I was gonna ask at some point in the future.

You can get a lot of these warped effects by glitching out the wave channel with extreme pitch bends.

Chicago IL, USA

this one is pretty good if you pause and recreate his instruments and tweak as you will.
it's not really strictly "talking bass" but it might help you out, also Auxcide's post is pretty good and straight forward.

Last edited by SadPanda (Aug 10, 2012 4:27 am)

Bristol, UK

Add VF5 in the effects column to evil up your yois a bit...

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
Evil Scientist wrote:

Add VF5 in the effects column to evil up your yois a bit...

Definitely. And F commands. Experiment. Yeah.

thank you so much guys heart

No thanks, 9-Heart always contact high!

Ciudad de méxico, MX

c'mon guys, not trying to be a bitch at all, but exploring the sounds by yourself and experimenting is almost all of the fun on LSDJ...

sit down with the program for a while and amaze yourself.

Savannah, Georgia
Analog wrote:

c'mon guys, not trying to be a bitch at all, but exploring the sounds by yourself and experimenting is almost all of the fun on LSDJ...

sit down with the program for a while and amaze yourself.

in OP's defense, playing with it isn't fun when you have literally no idea where to even start - and there are some certain characteristic sounds (such as that "talking bass" effect) that are just really hard to figure out how to make.

NC in the US of America

Never been a big "Ya" fan. But hopefully this will give me a good starting point to get the "wah" that I love so much...

Seattle, WA US

NO LISTEN TO DEM IS IMPOSSIBRUE

Bristol, UK

Sometimes it's better to learn how everyone else does stuff, that way you don't spend hours experimenting only to come up with something that someone else has already done.