Godzilladelph

I overstep the bounds of what is ok to say late at night

Last edited by e.s.c. (Aug 17, 2012 1:00 pm)

London

I don't really listen to it much after it has been completed, except to perform and practice. If I do, I generally think of ways to improve it wink

edit: For example I just remixed some stuff on "Live From Hell" for upcoming gigs.

Last edited by gwEm (Aug 17, 2012 5:40 pm)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Oct 11, 2021 6:53 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa
Feryl wrote:

After all, if you don't like your music, then why bother making it?

to get better?

because you enjoy the process even if you don't enjoy the results?

to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ( wink )?

there are plenty of reasons!

San Diego, CA
Feryl wrote:

After all, if you don't like your music, then why bother releasing it?

fixed

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Listening to your own music is like listening to exactly what you want to hear.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
8-Bit-Rex wrote:

Not necessarily. wink

New York
Cooshinator wrote:

I honestly don't care what anyone else thinks about my music. I just write music. A few people are like, "yo dis is the shit bro" , and I'm just thinking, "well this is a peice of shit, but whatever you say bro". I really wish I could write not-shit music, but I don't. I don't really even care though, I mean it's fun either way.

this just makes me depressed

have you listened to Cosecant recently? It's the best bro.

meditative

Arad, Romania
8-Bit-Rex wrote:

When you get it right. I actually love some of my stuff as weird as it may sound. Some of my tracks make me feel quite emotional, almost to the point of making me cry. That's due to the fact that a lot of my stuff was inspired by sad events\depression. For that reason I feel really connected to most of my work. Hopefully I will be able to release some fully finished stuff by next year. I have a lot of inspiration for a bunch of releases that I hope I will be able to finish in the near future.

Westfield, NJ
8-Bit-Rex wrote:

the music in my head is what I want to hear. what I manage to produce using software is shit by comparison. listening to my own music is listening to the lame attempts I've made at what I want to hear, more like.

Maine

depending on the song i'd feel like "yea i made this! big_smile"
and then i have songs where i poured my emotions into and even though its nothing new (for emotions) i just sit and think about it after i listen to it.
kinda like "hmmm i wonder what was happening when this song was made" or "i wonder what was going through my head"

Nottingham, UK

I habitually listen to my own music to the point where I hate it. How long it takes me to hate it generally gives me a decent impression of what other people will think.

If I really like a song when I'm finished with I listen to it until I've managed to suck all the magic out of it. I can usually start to like a song again after a few new song hate induction cycles.