Tulsa, OK

I have to say my latest EP was not fun to put together. It was released and I didn't know about it, someone told me. But I enjoyed writing it.

Decktonic's Union Square is AWESOME

Tucson, AZ

My next one.

Gosford, Australia

fisted sister EP

ohgodno, Indiana
chunter wrote:

Why not make a normal release announcement?

Because my main reasoning for this is to see what albums artists i may not have heard of like the most
so when i go to listen to it i got kind of a idea from their point of view. Pure boredom basically.

Chicago IL, USA
Victory Road wrote:

fisted sister EP

it's the best. Men-stration makes me laugh everytiem.

England

if you dont enjoy making music, then whats the point?

Rips, it was nice having George here to bounce ideas off.  Not Origins that was a ballache. (restarted it 4 times)

Gosford, Australia
4mat wrote:

Not Origins that was a ballache. (restarted it 4 times)

i guess it shouldn't surprise me that you had to flip the monopoly board many times while working on it, but it really does! it's just really solid as an album - like a concept album, kinda

Comment removed.

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 6:58 am)

AANABAY01

Fell Plot... it was the first time i'd messed with NES expansion chips so I was learning as I created. also because I was operating under the RPM "album in a month" Challenge rules a lot of desperation song ideas presented themselves as if from nowhere - the title track was written in ONE DAY and it's ten minutes long.

Joliette, QC, Canada

I think "Cunt Troller" was the funniest thing I did but I'm having a blast doing BRKwash right now !!! smile

http://xyno88.bandcamp.com/album/cunt-troller-2012

Brunswick, GA USA
Jellica wrote:

if you dont enjoy making music, then whats the point?

Exactly, if I could release single songs without cover designs I would, but I don't think you'd like it if I blasted "Releases" every time I make a song.

It's pretty easy to find out what my most watched/listened songs are.

(My favorite of my works to date is not chipmusic.)

Last edited by chunter (Aug 23, 2012 6:10 pm)

New York
roboctopus wrote:

The one I'm working on now, since it feels different and new to me and not like Victory Lapse part II.

are you referring to the live instruments n' chip one you've mentioned?

Last edited by Parallelis (Aug 23, 2012 6:10 pm)

Westfield, NJ

My latest, Union Square, since I wrote it over a short period of intense inspiration and everything came out exactly how I wanted it to on pretty much the first try, it was a cathartic experience. I didn't have any of the frustration I've experienced with most of my music writing. I think part of what made it so enjoyable was that I started out with the aim of making something minimal with a classic analog sound, rather than trying to bend the medium into doing something it's not really made for. So, not something where I was pushing any boundaries or doing anything impressive, but in the end it was fun.

Madison, Alabama
Parallelis wrote:
roboctopus wrote:

The one I'm working on now, since it feels different and new to me and not like Victory Lapse part II.

are you referring to the live instruments n' chip one you've mentioned?

No, haha.  I AM still working on that.  Just painfully slowly.  I have songs written but recording real instruments takes time and I keep getting sidetracked.

I'm working on a 2xlsdj EP right now.  Hope to have it finished in a month or so.  THEN back to the live instrument/chip stuff.  Yeah.

Jersey City, NJ

This year I set myself to the task of releasing an EP/album every month, to clear out the backlog of tracks I have built up...  it is hard for me to pick which release I like best, but I am pretty proud of
http://seanmonistat.bandcamp.com/album/ … sinfect-ep
as it is the start of my new chip/horrorpunk with guitar+vocals thing I'm really excited about.  The next +LET'S DISINFECT!+ EP will be even better, and I'll be recording vocals to it as soon as I get over my cold.

I really get a kick out of my two dance albums, since it sounds quite different to me than other chip dance music... I don't listen to much dance music, and know nothing about all these different genres etc., so the fact that I made these albums at all just makes me laugh.  Also, more folks should make music with cBasicore64, I think it sounds fantastic.
http://seanmonistat.bandcamp.com/album/ … ing-my-job

The funnest release to record was
http://thecloisterfuck.bandcamp.com/, but it isn't chip AT ALL so listen at your own risk.

Last edited by seanmonistat (Aug 23, 2012 7:53 pm)