Sydney, NSW

stop making forum posts, go make music

Chicago
Chainsaw Police wrote:

stop making forum posts, go make music

Lol, brilliant!

I'm gonna do that. big_smile

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 26, 2012 12:18 am)

how long have you been making music for? 

i think inspiration comes in waves.  i can relate to getting inspired with a new program and writing a song.  maybe a new program would work, just don't spend all your money. 

there are different ways to approach writing songs.  aside from types of equipment..  you can try just making patches one night, then the next session do melodies, or just drum beats.  that's a way to keep making music without needing to be "moved."  you can write songs like that, from a more project type approach.  and then, maybe take a break for a bit and then get inspired and one night you'll write a whole song, because all that would be good practice.  another thing is to listen to a different type of music than the one you want to make.  like listen to 70's rock and roll to get inspired for drum and bass or jazz and then go make trance music.

trondheim, norway

Listen to music, read about music, study music, practice music, make music. Don't mind if its good or not, post it on some profile and move on to the next.

trondheim, norway

Listen to music, read about music, study music, practice music, make music. Don't mind if its good or not, post it on some profile and move on to the next.

Tulsa, OK

You're moving to fast. also, you can't follow the blueprints of your past success and come up with something fresh.

Westfield, NJ

you know what? when you wrote that first song, you had no expectations. you weren't trying to achieve anything. you weren't comparing yourself to anything. you had creative freedom.

you need to get back in that mindset.

forget about other artists, other music, who's better than who, heck, forget about quality. just make something that is an expression of what *you* want. if it's not about you, there's no soul. treat your song like an empty canvas, and try to imagine, "if nothing else matters, what do I really want to make?" and then have fun with it.

/ $0.02

Downstate wrote:

smoke weed

"I threw all my past music career in the garbage. There was no longer any need for concepts like "career" and "skill". I stopped playing music and went in search of an alternative. - Merzbow

Brunswick, GA USA

Chicago

I seriously did not mean to bump this, I was trying to edit, not post

Please go to a different topic now if you are reading this

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 19, 2013 3:49 am)