Austin, Texas

God I forgot how much I loved Medeski, Martin, & Wood.

Puerto Rico
Telerophon wrote:

God I forgot how much I loved Medeski, Martin, & Wood.

They're what got me into Jazz/Blues. A friend of mine played this song once in the car after a rock show and I was so drunk I didn't know what was happening but it sounded amazing.

lolusa

Side Pocket for SNES is not compeletely jazzy, and not bluesy. But probably one of my favorite soundtracks since I was a kid.

Sydney, NSW

Mortimer Twang did some pretty cool downtempo swing-ish pieces, look up his amiga mod series 'suggestive vibes'. Not exactly jazz, but still in the general vibe, imo

Westfield, NJ

Does Super R-Type for SNES count as jazz?

Austin, Texas
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Mortimer Twang did some pretty cool downtempo swing-ish pieces, look up his amiga mod series 'suggestive vibes'. Not exactly jazz, but still in the general vibe, imo

Thanks for this, this is a great thing to have and hear.

La paz - Bolivia

One simply does not have a jazz thread without Bill Evans:

also... there was this place on Tales of Phantasia for the SNES where you could ask Sakuraba (the game composer, I think) to play a really cool piece.

› edit

Last edited by toroxciso (Oct 8, 2012 6:00 pm)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Oct 11, 2021 7:56 pm)

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I'm in love with Grim Fandango's Jazz from 1998, but a Jazzy Chiptune track that is awesome is the one in Lunar Pool/Ball.

Last edited by Delek (Oct 8, 2012 3:08 pm)

that tales of symphonia song is really nice.

lunar pool has some of those "spy" feeling note combos.

i don't know if r-type counts.  it sounds like rock.  it's got some nice melodies in it.  later in the song it gets in as blues rock, so okay.. smile

I remember the first time I heard actual "jazz" in a game was this hilariously bad rendition of "Take Five" used as the main title theme for the NES port of "Chessmaster" (which I can still pwn at, btw)

Toronto

aww yes.

also, very good call on bill evans, toroxciso.