Milwaukee, WI

@electricloverecords: I'm still not convinced you're NOT a troll.

i put a pitch slide down on one pattern and it seems to be carrying in to the next pattern.  does anyone know how to fix it?  the slide isn't continuing but the pulse channels are detuned.

TSC wrote:

@electricloverecords: I'm still not convinced you're NOT a troll.

i don't understand.

anyway, i'm a hippie if that helps.  peace and love etc.

Chicago IL
The Effect list i JUST linked wrote:

2xx - Portamento down; smooth pitch glide down.
If xx > 00: Speed
If xx = 00: Off

is it possible for the pitch to get stuck where it is when you turn it off?

Chicago IL

jesus christ.

200 stops the slide
\ or S00 stops the note

if you want to slide up or down to a specific note

the effects list AGAIN wrote:

Qxy - Pitch slide up.
x = Speed
y = The number of half-steps slid from provided note

Rxy - Pitch slide down.
x = Speed

Austin, Texas

Conceptually, you can think of an "instrument" like a macro of a ton of commands you only have to enter the one time, because they are default every time you use that instrument setting in the tracker.

Also, if you are all up on that IRC, you can check out #FamiTracker on EsperNet.

Venezuela

i have the best advice..... READ THE MANUAL
If after that, you have questions, join the irc famitracker channel.
THERE'S NOT a magic way of learning, it requier time, dedication and practice. The more you practice, the more you know.

Telerophon wrote:

Conceptually, you can think of an "instrument" like a macro of a ton of commands you only have to enter the one time, because they are default every time you use that instrument setting in the tracker.

Also, if you are all up on that IRC, you can check out #FamiTracker on EsperNet.

i suspect that it wasn't resetting to default.

Saskrotch wrote:

jesus christ.

200 stops the slide
\ or S00 stops the note

if you want to slide up or down to a specific note

the effects list AGAIN wrote:

Qxy - Pitch slide up.
x = Speed

Rxy - Pitch slide down.
x = Speed

maybe you should give me the benefit of the doubt here.  i'm not a stupid person.  and even if i had made a mistake there's no reason to act like that.

ui wrote:

i have the best advice..... READ THE MANUAL
If after that, you have questions, join the irc famitracker channel.
THERE'S NOT a magic way of learning, it requier time, dedication and practice. The more you practice, the more you know.

asking questions to a group of people that should know about programming this tracker is not looking for a magic solution.  this community is a very logical place to be asking these questions.  i'm really not liking the attitude.  i've been doing music for a long time and i started on tracker programs so i think this "ur a noob" stuff is really uncalled for.

Chicago IL

the problem is you're asking questions that could easily be answered by, again, reading the manual / effects list, or just practicing and experimenting.

Venezuela

I know that sound like an ass, but been honest with you, i have done the same youre doing right now. Asking things that can be easly awnsering by reading the manual or just in case of extremely lame/lazzy, joining the IRC channel and ask to anyone around.

What im saying is, practice more, ask less XD... that's all.... and please... i'm the kind of n00bs... just don't take it like that, if you cant find the anwser in the manual or just dont undestand what the manual says... go to the IRC channel smile

Of course, another good advice as my men B00daw said. Open a FTM and check how ppl do music and instruments, because that help a lot. Hopes that clarify what im trying to say, even with my bad english

Saskrotch wrote:

the problem is you're asking questions that could easily be answered by, again, reading the manual / effects list, or just practicing and experimenting.

that's true.  but i guess i don't see that as such a bad thing.  sometimes people prefer to have a conversation to figure stuff out.  i personally don't mind answering people's questions because i enjoy talking about certain things. 

i did follow the manual.  the pitch settings weren't turning off/were staying stuck detuned.  besides, why would it be wrong to not understand the manual?

ui wrote:

I know that sound like an ass, but been honest with you, i have done the same youre doing right now. Asking things that can be easly awnsering by reading the manual or just in case of extremely lame/lazzy, joining the IRC channel and ask to anyone around.

What im saying is, practice more, ask less XD... that's all.... and please... i'm the kind of n00bs... just don't take it like that, if you cant find the anwser in the manual or just dont undestand what the manual says... go to the IRC channel smile

Of course, another good advice as my men B00daw said. Open a FTM and check how ppl do music and instruments, because that help a lot. Hopes that clarify what im trying to say, even with my bad english

yeah i understand that you're not trying to be mean.  you are giving good advice.  but asking questions is part of the learning process in addition to reading the manual and experimenting.