Kool Skull wrote:

WHERE THE FUCK DO I GET ONE OF THESE? and who's used it with LSDJ/nanoloop?

I've been considering selling it. Mine has all the boxes and games too.

That auction was pretty reassuring of it's value.

matt's mind

anyone else see the case variant in the auction?

that zig-zag is pretty awesome...  i just now spotted it.

(not to mention all the other changes.  but....  those zig-zags...)

Boston, MA

The Wild Wintery North
ultramega wrote:

Oh damn. I'd tap those buttons to Tetris wink

Freiburg, Germany

I was about to say I can imagine the flimsy retail packaging but minutes ago I stumbled across this official nintendo retail packaging for the Game Boy Light ... srsly Nintendo?

cool artwork on the cardboard though

Melbourne, Australia
Apeshit wrote:

I've been considering selling it. Mine has all the boxes and games too.

That auction was pretty reassuring of it's value.

The seller didn't seem to have any idea that it was something 'special' - and neither would anyone else unless they happened to take a closer look at that one picture! I reckon if you actually advertised it as what it is then the value could be even higher...

kitsch wrote:

anyone else see the case variant in the auction?

that zig-zag is pretty awesome...  i just now spotted it.

(not to mention all the other changes.  but....  those zig-zags...)

Perhaps a new design feature for your next batch of custom dmg cases? wink

Wait is it the same dimensions as the regular dmg? It'd be pretty rad to do a shellswap, if only for the novelty factor...

Hungary
ultramega wrote:

Dat zigzag fix'd tongue

Freiburg, Germany

What I really want is this!

http://www.gearfuse.com/horizontal-game-boy-clone/

STARDRAIN, CA
lastfuture wrote:

What I really want is this!

http://www.gearfuse.com/horizontal-game-boy-clone/

yeah, but do these sound good atall? can they be prosounded? are they easy to find??? IM SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!

matt's mind

^ those particular ones are rare as fu..

as is info on them hmm

the KF-2000 (the zig zag) and SY-3000B (same clone, different name) are the only clones i know of that can play gameboy carts.  and, again, super rare.  think in the ~$300 range for a good working model

Freiburg, Germany

Apparently nitro2k01 made a gallery of taking one of those "Game Fighter" Game Boy clones (the horizontal one) apart ... so I take he has one of them or has had access to one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gameboygen … 470674857/

If you're reading, nitro, can you shed some info on this model? Perhaps you've already written something up.

I think even if they could be prosounded ... nobody would really want to put their soldering iron to something rare as fu.. wink right?

I don't know about anyone else, but I would love to see a DMG clone in this form factor come to light someday.

Freiburg, Germany
thebitman wrote:

I don't know about anyone else, but I would love to see a DMG clone in this form factor come to light someday.

if with "come to light" you mean "get manufactured and sold for a reasonable price today" ... YES! Please!

matt's mind
thebitman wrote:

Milwaukee, WI

The PCB files for the GB are readily available.  It would just take someone with a little ingenuity to sit down and hack it out.  (P.S.  Who wants to give me eagle lessons? wink)